1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Age Difference In Marraige

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by acebdh, Mar 1, 2017.

1. acebdh

acebdh New IL'ite

Hi All,

This is my first post. I am a man and I am not sure whether I should post here, considering it a ladies forum. My apologies if any mistake.

I met one girl for an arranged marriage through my family. I am 33+ and she is 25+. I understand this is a considerable age difference for marriage in modern age. But I will highlight the positive and negatives.

Positive

We both work in the same IT company. I am outside India from last four years and she is in India.
    We really like each other very much.
    We both are from same caste.
    We both understand each other very well.
    She is 5' 7" and I am 6 ft. Se we are compatible here
    We both are from the same background and same state, same language.
    We both have almost similar mind-set.
    I don't drink/smoke, even tea, coffee.
    We both are not that religious.
    I was not from good background but exceled in life by hard work.
    She is very sweet and caring person.

Negative

Big Age difference
    I am experiencing hair fall and it is visible that I will get bald in 5-10 years.

Do you guys consider this relation should go ahead. What will be the impact post marriage for such big age difference?

Thanks in Advance.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Make a recurring deposit for hair transplant.
    Get married to her. When the time comes,ask her if she likes your balding look.Who knows ,she could be the one who likes huge foreheads.
    If she says yes.....Buy the sweet woman a big diamond from the transplant money.
    If she says no,you have your back up transplant stash...Use it to get yourself some nice hair.

Best wishes .

rmpriya, bulesha, songbird46 and 18 others like this.
  3. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Yes, 8 year age difference does create few problems. You just will have seen a bit more life than her- there might be times when the relationship might come across as you are leading. Not that it's wrong- just talk about before you guys commit.

Well about your hair- if the hair fall has caused receding and I am sure she would have thought about it. Just bring it up casually as a joke and see her reaction. She may open up to talk about it or it will easier to talk about.

Goodluck

yellowmango likes this.
  4. aswathyk

aswathyk Gold IL'ite

From my point of view age difference is not a problem. Just talk each other about the issues like hair fall etc..
    If you both have understanding and true love, then age is just a number. Go and talk to her.

Hope for the best..

nandita24 likes this.
  5. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

personally my sister got married to my BIL with age difference of 10 years..believe it..they are one of the wonderful couples of our family...women choices and likes are very extensive...talk to her about your doubts clearly before marriage or going into any commitment.All the best..

6. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Did "she" ask the kochens:
    "how come you are single at 33+ ?".
    Aside from the hair, what else is wrong with you ?"​
    The hair thing is not an issue. You can easily show her the hair you've got elsewhere on your body.

songbird46 likes this.
  7. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

Age is not a big issue, if you are still young at heart!
    But one thing to consider is that you may want to start a family earlier, while a younger person may want to enjoy a couple of years before doing that. Make sure you are on the same page about this as well..
    As for the receding hairline, it's a personal preference, check to make sure she is ok with that.

8. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

Eh? What is wrong if someone is single at 33?

9. Jazmine83

Jazmine83 Gold IL'ite

Age difference, baldness doesn't matter. I suggest all couples to go for premarital counseling if u r really serious about her

10. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

Hi Nonya,
    I think it is very normal to have late marriages these days whether man or woman owing to their education and career settlements ( the typical as shown in F&L ad- own house, well paid job, a car:tonguecrazy:)

Coming to op, 8yrs does seem a huge age gap but age is just a number and looks are just temporary.

If you both are connected at ìntellectual, emotional level and if both sets of parents are okay, then proceed for the marriage.

Women like sorted,mature and responsible husbands who can balance life,marriage and career.
    Goodluck:thumbup:

AngelNew and nandita24 like this.