1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Age Criteria - Prekg or LKG?

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by aishu22, Mar 15, 2013.

1. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I'm in a huge dilemma.My DD was born on 18th December 2009.She was not 2 1/2 years as on June 1st 2012, but the school she goes accepted her into Pre-kg as their cut off date was 31st December 2009.
    But, now I find that my daughter is not eligible for LKG (when i applied for chinmaya) since their cut off date was 1st December (my DD being short of 17 days). She is eligible for Pre kg in most of the reputed schools this year(2013-14).

But me and my DH are in confusion whether to put her in Pre kg again in a regular CBSE school or continue in her present school(Little Millennium) for LKG.
    LM is very good in terms of activities academics etc. and my DD loves her school and teachers.I have no regret about the school at all.

Our fear is that is under aged for her class and this may be a problem for higher classes.Most of her classmates (90%) are elder to her.

Please suggest as to what to do now?

2. rpriya2004

rpriya2004 New IL'ite

3. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your reply.I'm yet to talk to her school and the new school authorities about this.Lets see.

Anyone else faced similar issue?

4. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

DECEMBER 2009 born - PRE KG or LKG?

Friends, anyone's DD or DS born in December 2009? If yes, would you go with pre kg this academic year or proceed with LKG?