1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

After shaving baby's hair, how long does it take to grow back?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by cooks2010, Aug 30, 2014.

1. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Hello, I was considering having baby's hair shaven, havent decided yet, its not a custom where we live.

After shaving it, when do we see first signs of hair (the little spikes)? How long on average will it take to grow back (just enough to cover head)?

My daughter (8 months) has lots of hair, I have to to do ponytails, otherwise it goes in her eyes and the length is really long too.

My husband would like to get it trimmed instead of shaving it, he really likes her hair and thinks it makes her look like him :)

Any suggestions on whether I should trim or shave and how long will it take for reasonable amount of hair to grow back?

thanks,
    Cooks.

2. Chitravivek

Chitravivek Platinum IL'ite

Cooks: If its not a must per custom to shave hair then I suggest you trim it as it will be cute for baby girls. In my side we had to do mundan and although flakes of hair came pretty quick in a week it took my DD almost 6 months to get a good bunch of hair to even put a hair clip. Again it could just be her and your case may be different.

3. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Thanks so much for your reply. These past few days I have been going back and forth whether to the trim or shave. She looks really cute in her two pigtails right now :) and I think I would miss that.

I found this kids haircut place where they take a picture of first cut, frame it along with a lock of baby's hair, which I thought was a little creepy at first :)

Cooks