1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Afraid!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by rgsrinivasan, Dec 7, 2012.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I never knew what I was getting in to. Believe me! I didn't want to do it one bit, but now I have no choice. And, God! The timing could not be worse! I wonder whether anyone will feel like me, but nevertheless, each of us are unique. Isn't it? And if you were me, you will be afraid as well.

People often see me as solid, composed and a man of few words in general, but were always quick to correct themselves on the last part. Yes. They say that once I start speaking, its like a floodgate opened. And it has the same effect - of being drowned when you are there. Fine. They think that I am a natural. I am not! I am afraid and fear doing a few things. This stands on top.

I had to do it, no option! I saw them decorating someone previously and it looked absolutely marvellous just to look. Had I been told earlier that there is such a thing to be done, I would've run away. But now, as I stand before them, they gave me what I dreaded. Its not what they gave me that made me afraid, but what was about to happen next.

I saw it. It looked clean, new and sharp, as I run my fingers over its tips. They took it as an appreciation and lead me to the place where all eyes were, till I went. The background music seemed to erupt all of a sudden. And there was something happening everywhere till I reached there. Feeling slightly confident, I raised the knife, pierced it and dragged along and was bold enough to cut something apart. Suddenly, I felt lighter and felt a bit of a joy.

They all clapped and sang "Happy Birthday!".

2. Dhivya5

Dhivya5 Gold IL'ite

There there there rgs .......... you dragged me in here once again :rotfl excellent narration and imagination :thumbsup ........... nice way of describing cutting the cake ceremony between is your birthday today? :confused2: Then please accept my birthday wishes :cheers

3. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Thats a good one as always RGS.

RGS, this what was about to happen next just refers to only cutting the cake or something else??

4. rgsrinivasan

Thanks a lot Dhivya, for your first and quick feedback and wish. Very happy to receive it. Just to let you know that today is not my birthday. But the feel I had on that day, when there was a surprise cake cutting ceremony at work - I reminisced that and wrote this. -rgs

5. rgsrinivasan

You had the right question Pallavi. What I meant is just this: How to accept gracefully and stand there not being moved. Be it in personal life or otherwise, its always easy to take in harsh words / mock [I had had enough share of it already], but dealing with affection [this too] is always difficult. Well. Thats my view. Thanks for your feedback. -rgs

6. Dhivya5

Dhivya5 Gold IL'ite

ohh okay rgs i asked just out of curiosity...... but as always you reflected a different aspect of receiving and stunned with affection ......great work rgs as always........

7. rgsrinivasan

Please do not get offended Dhivya. Very happy to receive your feedback and wish anyday. And thankful for the support that I get from a very few here. You are one of those. -rgs

8. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Thanks so much for explaining. :) Ofcourse, it is difficult to deal with affection sometimes, not always.. for me

9. rgsrinivasan

Glad to know that as well as receiving one more feedback from you Pallavi. Thanks. :) -rgs

10. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

OK, if i have to wish you 'Happy birthday' today, should i prefix advance or belated?

Hardly you give option to comment differently (so the first line) "Nice one RGS" :)