1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Afraid to have Kids..how to prepare myself mentally?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by swathiudhay, Dec 7, 2011.

1. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

I used to feel sorry for the baby/kid crying at a supermarket aisle/public places before my niece was born... After my niece was born, I feel sorry for the mother of the fussy child :)

Your entire attitude to life changes once you get to know a baby closely !!!

Swathi, it is a huge responsibility, that includes sacrifice, work, always putting the child first, compromises, heartaches but also lots of little joys, giggles, aawww moments and rewards !!!

When your child calls you his/her best friend and shares that chocolate with you, when he supports you when you're arguing with your spouse, when he calls you his bestest amma, when he gets good marks, when he does what you say even when he doesnt agree, just because you are his favorite amma, when he giggles at your stories and games, to - when he grows independent and doesnt need your supervision, when he makes you a sandwich... ... you'll find joy in everyday stuff...

Just handle one day at a time, discuss with a doctor about your plans so that you can get advice on adding supplements like folic acid and calcium/iron right away :) Eat right, exercise, yoga, meditation will help you have a healthy baby without affecting your health so that you can enjoy to the utmost!

Plan your career, your finances, your savings and home so that you have fallbacks and backups !!!

Look for help and support groups in your nearby areas

Keep smiling
    Harini

4 people like this.
  2. priyasakhi

priyasakhi New IL'ite

Swathi,

Whether it is mandatory to have kids is an answer only you can give yourself. Since you have said that both of you like to have kids I'm guessing that you have an answer in your heart !

Coming to planning, from my experience let me tell you you cannot plan this one at all. If you have decided to have a kid better start immediately. You may think I am being strange but thats what I realised as I am on my TTC journey that I shouldn't have delayed it. It is only when you start your TTC journey that you will know your body better. If you are lucky you will succeed soon else you will never regret wasting time.

One thing I've realised is that contraception is easy but conception is difficult and out of your hands. When you want something eagerly it makes you wait. So my advice would be better start right away and it takes a couple of cycles for you to adjust so Goodluck and hope things work out. :)

3. Anyuna

Anyuna Silver IL'ite

Dear swathiudhay,I am in total agreement with Satchi.Those were really ......(no words to express).It is really your own decision . We all ladies turn mom and have a different view each time.But let me tell you as soon as you hold the newborn in your hands,nothing matters.Ofcourse your life before and after are going to be different ,how can it be same?

4. kulalreshma9

kulalreshma9 New IL'ite

Guide me for my carrier

I done my B.Sc(CS) in 2011 with 70% marks..

but i got married on 2009 now i am pregnant expecting baby on 2012 jan

now i want to prepare for Banking PO exam..Guide me about books and other things

if u have any other suggestion plz tell me

Anybody plz guide me