1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Affected very badly due to nazar/dhristhi of freinds, acquintances,relatives..

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by generic, Aug 10, 2015.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

I have a different take on this.

Even I used to believe this some time back. For ex: I thought whenever I posted a pic of my puppy, he fell sick the next day. Then one of my colleagues gave an explanation which was very convincing.

He said human mind tends to remember bad / negative things much better than the positive things. He told whenever my pup fell sick, I was feeling bad for him and finding something to blame and found an easy way of blaming the social media. He asked me to keep actual count of how many times I uploaded his pic and how many times he fell sick. And yes, I found what he was telling was actually true.

Try to remember all good things that happened and you might have received the same compliments that time too. Just that you dont tend to anaylyze why these good things happen to you and you dont end up relating these two things. Hope you get what I am trying to convey. Dont believe in all this and end up losing peace. TC! :)

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

hi op,

if u can wear rudraksh, may be it will create a energy field surrounding you. read more on web and get a real rudraksh mala if u r interested in this. order it from genuine sites.

1 person likes this.
  3. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Take multi-vitamins, they boost your immune system and you won't fall sick as often.

4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Can u please explain in detail @Iswaryadevi

5. sheztheone

sheztheone Platinum IL'ite

OP, I am a religious person myself, and I can understand how you feel about this "nazar" issue. However, after a point one tends to take such happenings to heart, and you are probably in an insecure more right now.
    This in turn affects your thinking and may make you think negative about the whole thing.

If you feel that family photos attract negative feelings from others, just stop posting on FB. I do not have a fb account, and even on viber or whatsapp I never post photos of my DH or kid-only my photos. I do this mainly because these days anything can be done with a photo, and I do not want my DH or kid to be affected in any way.

As for comments from others, if they said "oh, you are a happy family," say "you are a happy family too and I have always admired you" or something like that. This will, in your mind and otherwise, possibly neutralize the nazar effect. It will also leave you feeling less tense after the episode, when you usually start wondering when something bad is going to happen now that someone has laid their nazar.

If someone compliments you, compliment them back or say "You are saying this, but this morning my husband said that this outfit does not suit me" and make a sad face.

I would suggest that you indulge in meditation or spend some minutes quietly by yourself everyday, focusing on positive thoughts. This will make you calmer overall.

These measures are more for your own possible mental peace than anything else.
    Good luck!

sindmani, Chocolatey, Meet9 and 3 others like this.
  6. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

I too have faced this and opened a similar thread sometime back. I think the best solution would be to keep ourselves surrounded with positivity through any means.
    You could follow the traditional method of removing the drishti/ use rock salt while bathing or washing clothes/use good agarbathis at home/ listen or chant slokas and above all Pray God.

This is the least and the best thing that we can be doing in day to day life.

sindmani and generic like this.
  7. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

I dont know what to say considering ur experience but i m giving two example where it proove that there is nothing like buri nazar or shraap.

When i was in my PIL,s place few month back my sil was also there. She had 2 month old daughter. One day lil girl was crying continuosly. All of us were thinking why she is crying. My sil started saying that this this n this had came to our house. unhiki nazar lagi hogi. this n that. then my mil asked her did she give her a drop which doctor had given for her digetion problem?. then she said no. She was simply blaming those visitors

And another example is one day i was feeling too lazy to take bath in early morning so didn't do morning pooja(day was tuesday n i take fast that day) n i was feeling guilty for that. In same day when my husband came back from office he said that the automatic lock of car is not working(this is our new car). I started thinking that omg i didnt do morning pooja today so ganapati is angry with us. my husband was finding all possible reason for why lock is not working. At last he found that the back door of car was not closed properly because of that automatic lock was not working. I was so stupid to thought that.

So conclusion is its all about psycological state of us. Sometime we bacame too sure about something that we totally ingnore about d other side.

sindmani, yesican and generic like this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

One of my friends once mentioned that married people (or sexually active )should not wear rudhraksh as it ebbs sexual desire. I don't know if it is indeed true.:hide:I don't believe in all this but remember this conversation.

sindmani likes this.
  9. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

@sheztheone and imsrihere: Good advice. thanks
    @deepideepi: I have been brought up with certain beliefs since childhood, so finding difficult to believe otherwise..But your post has given me something to think about.

deepideepi likes this.
  10. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Hi @yellowmango,

According to my guru, pancha mukhi rudrakh can be worn by anybody, even married ones.

But eka mukhi beads are powerful, the wearer wants to be isolated and he tries to leave home in search of truth etc.

rudrakh creates energy field surrounding the wearer (aura), which protects from outside things and they believe that it makes one powerful. (all objects have an aura)

In question and answer session with same guru, one person said his mother while sleeping sometimes feels heaviness and suffocation like somebody is sitting on her etc. Then guru suggested him to get a rudrakh mala for her, it helps her.

these info is from gurus words.

What I believe is these types of things work in very subtle form, we can't see directly but they can do good to us.

May be it controls the sexual desires too (not sure pancha mukhi too does that),But if overall if it creates positives things for the wearer ( who are married for several years and follow kind of spiritual life)., then may be couple can see and follow it as divine union between them than satisfying a desire. Please let me know your thoughts @yellowmango.

Meet9 and yellowmango like this.