1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

advice needed-father in law(expired) b'day

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by bhumi1231, Dec 26, 2011.

1. bhumi1231

bhumi1231 Senior IL'ite

hi today is My father in law b'day ....who is no more..what shd i do to make my hubby feel good too

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Bhumi,I may be wrong but JMO..if you want to do anything please do so that your FIL soul RIP..Not to get a good impression from husband..Sorry if you felt offended but thats what i belive..And personally on my dads Birthday or death anniversary i go to orphanage nearby and give them food clothes or anything they need...Last year i sponsered for 1 childs education..You can do annadan in a nearby temple..

1 person likes this.
  3. bhumi1231

bhumi1231 Senior IL'ite

hey i think u dint understood me well...i dint knoew his father...as i got married when he wasno more..to my husb feel good def matters after all he was his father...and he shd also feel tht i also wanna do something?...someone told me not to get sweets ,,its not good hence i asked here.thnx for orphanage idea:bowdown

4. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Bhumi,

It is very nice of you to want to make your husband feel better on what is undoubtedly a very sad day for him and filled with memories of happier days. One way would be to honour your fils memory by hosting a lunch and calling all the relatives. Or together you can do an activitiy that was dear to your fil during his life. Or both of you can make a donation to a cause or charity that was dear to him is also a good idea

1 person likes this.
  5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Why don't you ask your DH what the FIL favorite foods were and have a dinner of remembrance for him.

6. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

You can go along with your DH and gift some food at an orphanage. Find a photo of your FIL and secretly give it for printing in a big size and you can include your DH , yourself and MIL in that photo too. Present him. He might feel happy.