1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Adulterated Astrology ......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by brindhak, May 22, 2008.

1. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends...

I called up one of my friend who is going to get a baby by this month end.. ..she said that her parents and inlaws are discussing with the astrologer for the date,time and star for the C-section.. of the baby.... So that they could get better horoscope for the baby..and also they wanted the baby in particular star.. she was telling..Makam or pooram.. i dont exactly remember....

No wonder, many `new-age' couples are fascinated by the way they can manipulate the wheel of their children's destiny with the help of astrology."It has become a practice among couples to look for a suitable star to time the birth of their progeny.
    I dont know whether its right to manipulate one's horoscope to acheive positive results.... like this more questions are flowing in my mind.. I can raise this query.. only to my dear IL 's (Where else i can ask...?)

Love
    Brindha

sindmani likes this.

2. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Actually people don't know the issues with C section as such.First of all People should believe that baby will come from womb when the baby is ready.Secondly although medical field is advanced there are lot of side effects of having a c section birth.Its medically proven that when baby travels through the mothers womb it expels the excess water .There was a documentary film based on doctors performing c section named Business of Being Born .Its an eye opening .I think women who are all undergoing should watch the movie.

I don't understand the logic of this manipulating Jathagam by using Medical Technology.I think all people born will have undergo ups and downs.And FTR no one
    knows how a jathagam will behave in certain period of time in future.Its just a superstitious beliefs that people are using.

Thanks
    Mangai

sindmani likes this.
  3. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Mangai....
    thanx for the immediate feedback.....As you have mentioned nowdays many doctors are dealing deliveries in business attitude.... hmm lets wait and see the views of our other friends..

Love
    Brindha

4. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Brinda,

Even though we feel that the time and date has been given to them to be decided, this opportunity of deciding was given to them by god.

But nothing is in our hands. The birth time given by the doctor is not cent percent accurate as the seconds at least might differ even in the case of a normal delivery.

I pray god that your friend should have a safe delivery.

5. hira

hira Senior IL'ite

Hi Brinda,

We should follow astrology, it should be like a pinch of salt.

100% dependency should not be there. God knows the best about it.

So pray and God will take care

Regards
    Hira

6. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Dear brindha,

Now a days it has become more common.But everything is in the hands of the almighty.One of our relatives planned to take the baby in a particular nakshatram, but power went off and they could take the baby only after half an hour and nakshatram was different. THis really happened.So there is no question of manipulation here.

We can do only planning.
    This is My 2cents.

7. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

Hira,

Pl.read a thread written by me under'Pregnancy and delivery'- page1, under the caption'Let nature take its own course. I have narrated an incident which has been shocking for many. Let your friend's parents and in-laws read that. Pathetic! kanaka

8. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Brindha...

this was really a news to me never heard of this anyways astrology is good to be followed but we human beings can't play with nature..........delivering baby should be a natural procedure..........i wish God fulfill your friends wish as she is taking so much pain..

9. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

"""""""""The birth time given by the doctor is not cent percent accurate as the seconds at least might differ even in the case of a normal delivery""""""""

Your lines made me to think Sharada.. thanx for stepping in and giving a feedback...Thankyou so much for your prayers and blessings..

Love
    Brindha

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  10. brindhak

brindhak Gold IL'ite

Dear Hira..
    ThanX for your feedback... As you have said.. Astrology should not dominate our lives.. But many people fail to follow this.. they beleive in astrology more than god.... Witsend....

Love
    Brindha