1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Adopting A Child

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by svpriya, Apr 15, 2018.

1. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    I m married and it's our 8th year running...still we are not having baby...treatment is going on because of my health issues...me and my husband are thinking of adopting a baby since we lost our interest in getting pregnant...

Can anyone suggest an idea??

Thanks...

Sandycandy and GeetaKashyap like this.

2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Dear @svpriya,

Good decision. You will find all the relevant info online. You may personally visit any orphanage/adoption centre and check out for more information. Please adopt through the legal way only. I came to know that the adoption laws have become more streamlined now. I can just share the general info with you to guide.

First you will have to fill some forms and submit. A social worker will visit your home and she will make her own elaborate assessment about you as a couple, family background, financial position, your readiness for adoption etc. After that, there will be a waiting period, depending on the availability of kids for adoption and they also try to match appearances as much as possible. According to queue system, they will intimate you. You may be allowed a couple of choices. Once you finalise, legal papers are done and the child becomes legally yours. Most kids given for adoption are around 4_5 months + and for elderly couple older children are given in adoption.

While adopting, if one is mentally prepared, you will easily love the child shown to you. Please be clear about your expectation. Since the babies are from institutions, they may not look like the ones in posters but within a month or two after adoption, they look on par with any other healthy kid. Please gather as much information as possible and with a positive frame of mind take the plunge. It will be a wonderful and satisfying journey for all three of you.

All the best.

3. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

4. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot geeta...

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Thyagarajan, Sandycandy and svpriya like this.
  6. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Heart welcoming decision... Your giving a child a nice family. God bless you with happiness.
    Please find a lawyer and a govt adoption agency, proceed only legal way.
    Some may suggest adopt from relatives family etc. Don't go for that.
    If you're in US and adopting from India it's a big process with 100 formalities.
    Be clear with expectations
    And be prepared for the aftermath situation with inlwas, relatives and parents.
    God bless with strength

Thyagarajan, Sandycandy and svpriya like this.
  7. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

That’s a beautiful decision. I’d suggest taking parenting classes beforehand as it really makes a difference when you’re adopting a child. If you go through via agency ask to speak to other couples who have adopted. What’s it like? Pros and cons? If they could change anything what would they do?

Thyagarajan and svpriya like this.
  8. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

9. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

10. svpriya

svpriya Silver IL'ite

Thank you...