admission started for 2012-13

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by navis, Dec 11, 2011.

1. alokgowda

alokgowda Senior IL'ite

hai jumpingjax
    my son is in ADIS KG 1 morning section

2. jumpingjax

jumpingjax Bronze IL'ite

hi alokgowda,

which division is your son in? my daughter is in division 'F'

3. alokgowda

alokgowda Senior IL'ite

he is in division J, did u call the school to know the morning shift timmings? info given by the school at the time of admission was 8.30 to 12.30, but now i heard that one more shift has come, will there be any change in the wroking hours for the first shift people?

4. jumpingjax

jumpingjax Bronze IL'ite

we had called the school, they said they will let us know when we go for orientation next week. rumor is that it will be either 7:30 or 8 am start time because second shift was told they will start at 12:30.

5. alokgowda

alokgowda Senior IL'ite

I was worried about the pick up time in the morining 7.30, means very early pick up, too early for my son. i stay close to nmc hospital, which is ur location? do u use the school bus? Is kg sections is AIDS good, do u have any friends kids studying there?

6. jumpingjax

jumpingjax Bronze IL'ite

I agree, 7:30 is very early for kg students to have to be awake and alert for school. we are currently staying in madinat zayed as well but are going to shift to a place near ADIS by next week so she will not go by bus in the morning at least.
    regarding kg in ADIS, i have heard both positive and negative about it so it is hard to say - my friend's kid seems to enjoy it and his parents are happy with the school so i am hoping my daughter also will have a positive experience there.
    my daughter is quite excited about going to the 'big school' - hope it stays that way :)

7. alokgowda

alokgowda Senior IL'ite

good move, even i am asking my husband to shift to area near AIDS,yet to decide on that. a bit tensed to send a 3yr old in school bus, and big school excitment same here my son was very happy to c the big school and wants to go there. even i heard mixed reactions about the school, lets hope for the best. Do u have any idea about the flats rents close to the school?

8. jumpingjax

jumpingjax Bronze IL'ite

rents have gone down i feel though we were told that the area around the school can be a little higher than other places because of the demand but i think they are still reasonable. have u bought the uniform - how many should we buy?

9. alokgowda

alokgowda Senior IL'ite

i have bought 2 sets of the uniform and 1 set of the p.t. uniform, how old is your daughter? has she attended any nursery?

10. jumpingjax

jumpingjax Bronze IL'ite

good, i bought the same but was doubtful if another set was needed. my daughter is 3 yrs 3 months, how old is your son? She attended noah's ark nursery - what about your son?