admission into KV

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by suganya raghu, Dec 11, 2011.

1. suganya raghu

suganya raghu New IL'ite

Hi,

I want to know about the admission procedure into KV and when will they start issuing the application forms? i want to join my 5.8yrs old daughter into I std in KV.. Also i want to know abt ashoknagar kv.. is it good enough to join?

pls help me

cheers
    sugee.

2. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

hi sr,

i have heard and also read in their norms that only cent govt and govt employee kids can join the school. But some people say if u have influence we can drop normal kids too. Always i have heard good about kv schools.

3. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

KVs are great..but then only central govt employees,state govt emp,ex-servicemen kids are given priority 1st as there people will be transferred sso that they can get seat easily anywhere. if the seats are not filled then they may be open for general public but usually they are filled by the above mentioned category..I am a KVite and am proud to be one.even i wanted to put my DD in a KV as i was a govt emp earlier but nw since i have quit i have no chance..

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

there is a general quota. which is a very very small percentage and it is announced in their websites. if you can pick up an application and write the test and can wait for the same, it is a good choice..though it is quite difficult if you are not one of the above (by sushma/manju)stated categories.

IS it because of the fees??..just curious why you are thinking of moving from the regular school to kv..

5. manjubashini

dear shanvy, i was much waiting for ur reply in this thread. Fees is not an constraint. But i have the feel and heard that central govt govrned schools ll be best. Sometimes i get depressed due to the private school management behaviour as its very harsh these days. Even though i am not into the school hunt lane now i am just going through all the admission threads.

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

manju,
    how are you. did not see you here for a long time.

you are returning to chn?? i know kv's that are not so good. let us take nanganallur/palavanthangal kv. people say palavanthangal kv is better than nanganallur. so it all depends on the teachers there..though all the schools have a universal syllabbus and have good grounds for playing..

7. manjubashini

hi shanvy, yes i do come in il but not that much time ro spend. I have a proposal to come back but not yet decided. My dh felt kv are bestever for their infrastructure and coaching ,even though i too heard some negatives about them. As if schools in my mind are dav public (i know its tough to get ), st brittos, or else opting modern.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

getting into modern is the most difficult thing right now.. i know that because, many people who have bought flats in my complex are not able to come here, because they could not get a seat. there are already 60/70 students in each class, and the principal says i don't have facilities to expand the school, if i could i would have accomodated everybody.

you have sai international too..if your kids are not in higher classes (i assume) it is also an option. DAV public (adambakkam) you can give it a try..

9. manjubashini

oh pity i was very much confident with modern. What about st. Brittos and their admission style. One of my frnds dd is st. Brittos they feel it ok. Do sai international icse or cbse.where its located.

10. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

dear Shanvy,
    you are true..not all KVs are good. I dont know much abt Chennai but in Bangalore and Hyd there are very good KVs. Also they have their presence outside India in arnd 4-5 countries. usually the AFS are top in any place. It depends on the teachers and the principal.The school fees are very less..am not sure what it is now..i joined when i was in my 4th when fees was 15 rs per term and when i was in 10th it was 45Rs per term.There will be atleast 4 games period in a week and 3 periods of co-curricular activities on saturday afternoon. Also one SUPW period and Scouts n Guides movement activities. So all this makes me inclined towards KV..Also the 2nd language is Hindi n 3rd language id Sanskrit,so if you move to any other state you neednt worry about learning a new langauge again..JMO

4 people like this.