Admission in sairam vidyalaya 2015-16

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by lathachid01, Jan 22, 2015.

1. lathachid01

lathachid01 New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I was a silent reader and this is my first post. Today I need your feedback for my daughters admission. We are in keelkattalai near madipakkam, elder daughter is in her 10th standard and younger one in 4th. Both are studying in Sai matriculation HSS, Madipakkam. Now I would like to admit my second daughter in sairam vidyalaya or in any other cbse school nearby for her 5th standard.

1. Based on the education point of view how much difference will be there between sai matric and sai cbse madipakkam. Will it be worth to enter into cbse now?

2. Whether my daughter will cope up with cbse standard. Whether we should change to matric again after her 10th so as to get admission to technical courses.

3. Being more like a single income family(me working and dh in his early stage of business) Whether we will be able to face the fees hike every year for their studies.

4. As elder one is in matric, and if younger in cbse will it make a impact on elder one

Any inputs from Ilites whose kids are studying in sairam vidyalaya about the fees, environment etc?

Waiting for your inputs.

Latha

2. lathachid01

lathachid01 New IL'ite

So many views. No replies

@Shanvy and other Ilites in and around madipakkam please provide your feedback.

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i have stopped giving recos for any school and i am not in madipakkam too. and i have no feedback to really appreciate any school in chennai..the illusion of a good school went to tatters a few years back.

sorry if it feels bitter, but that is what i feel. can't write more from whatever reviews i get personally.

only all the best.

4. sunitajarna

sunitajarna New IL'ite

Hi this is jarna here from Saplings Montessori schools in T Nagar.
    A small brief abt my school
    Saplings Montessori school in T Nagar.
    Wonder years in an engaging environment"
    we have toddler program s for age grp 1.8yrs onwards
    Montessori Program for age grp 2.6 yrs to 6yrs.

u can get in touch with me for the other details on 9962236291.

5. lathachid01

lathachid01 New IL'ite

Thanks Shanvy for your immediate reply
    Sorry for troubling you and thanks again for your response.

Thanks Sunita for your reply.

1 person likes this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

my answers in general not school based.

with most schools in state opting for samacheer kalvi, i am sure your daughter will not find it too hard to tackle cbse at 6th. it becomes tougher in higher classes.

many parents i know move their children to the state board after 11th just for getting good marks. getting admission into technical courses if you mean engineering , it is just the cut off that speaks.

. that is something you have to decipher. the fees of sairam is above 70k i think and other expenses added would be around 80-90k per year which could move to 1.25 to 1.5 by the time you kiddo enters into 11th and 12th.

talk to both of them after talking to your elder one, being in 10th she will have her views definitely. tell your elder that cbse or matric, it is all about how they learn and how they utilise what they learn. and that you are thinking about cbse for your younger one and what does she think.if she resents, you need to make her understand why and how.

My daughter studied in cbse till her 12th and got some good numbers but she opted to do something that is not technical. my son is also in the cbse right now and would do something related to technical but not technical.

i have my own axe to grind on the education system. now if it felt an abrupt reply i am sorry. i do not recommend schools to anyone these days it is nothing personal against you.

and i sincerely hope you are having a clear idea.

7. lathachid01

lathachid01 New IL'ite

Thanks for your detailed input.

I too believe she will be able to pick up in cbse. Even with cbse curriculum the method of teaching, qualification and experience of teaching staff highly matters.

Changing schools is always a big nightmare to me as we need to apply for TC before starting the admission process.

As you mentioned fees hike is more alarming nowadays. We don't think it is feasible for us to spend nearly 1 lac per year per kid that too for lower classes.

My Elder daughter is OK with whatever option we choose. We discussed with her also.

I like the point in your reply as "how they learn and how they utilise what they learn" is the key for achievement or success in any field. With this we need to decide. Thank You