Admission in PSBB KKNagar

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by barmee, Jan 7, 2009.

1. pinkukalps

pinkukalps New IL'ite

sadly i got it on 16th.
    but god opened the other door and we have admitted the kid for LKG in CVS yesterday.

as rightly told most of the kids from west mambalam are rejected i suppose. though peculiar the selection process but not regretting at all as atleast we got into a good school and the kid loves it as we took him yesterday..as he was seeing football ground, s.pool and play areas around CVS

kindly keep intouch whoever got selected in CVS for LKG
    thanks

2. sudhashri

sudhashri New IL'ite

Hi Pinku,

Glad to hear your good news. Any idea what it takes to put a kid in LKG there? I heard from a mother that they demand much more donation for LKG admission than for a pre-kg admission. Is that true? How much did it really cost for you? CVS is a great school and is one of the schools on our list to try for our kid next year.

Thanks for any input.

Cheers

3. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hi girls, let me join hands with you... I got the rejection card yesterday and I am out of the shock only today.. because it seemed like everything came to a stand still but now I am feeling better and looking for other better schools.. yet again.

keep writing.
    thanks.

4. guru98

guru98 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    Most of the news here are only disappointing news. So sad. Luckily(???) my daughter got shortlisted in the second-list for Jawahar Vidyalaya which was put up on March 5th. Submitted the appl form (costing 500 bugs) today. Waiting for interview (???) on 15th March.

5. HariSriPriya

HariSriPriya Senior IL'ite

Hi,

It is really bad that so for none of the members got selected .... I used to read this thread constanly , wishing somone would share their good news abt selection.. I need to gothrough the school admission process next year for my daughter,,,Initially i was so happy and interested to apply for PSBB but seeing all of your tentions, disappointments i started thinking should I apply to this school?. . I wish our members who shared their results here should get admission in other good schools.. Please do share where you are admitting your kids.. It will guide us for next year...wish you & ur wards ALL THE BEST & GOOD LUCK.....

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  6. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Hey Guru, congrats on JV.. Hopefully, everything will go smooth with them. I spoke to the PSBB corrspondent too, she says 90% of the applicants are eligible in all ways, but then we have to select only 320 students out of 2000 applications. so I think it is randomly selected.. the infamous lot system!

Priya, It is pure luck or 50 - 50 chances I would say. So do apply for it but but but do not wait until you get thru in PSBB, get admission is another good school of your choice and pay whatever fees is required and then parallely wait for PSBB results. I will probably admit DS in A School, Ashok Nagar branch. Atleast right now, thats what looks best for DS.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  7. guru98

guru98 New IL'ite

my daughter was admitted to the pre-kg in JV after today's interview. school starts on june 21.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Guru,

congrats. all the best for your lo.

9. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hey Guru, congrats to you and your daughter.. thanks for updating us here.

10. guru98

guru98 New IL'ite

Thanks Shanthi & Arthi. Has any member got thro in PSBB, yet?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010