Adda Da Hangout!

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by justanothergirl, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Gauri03

The opening ceremony is tomorrow (Saturday) for the Rotimatic. We will test the first batch of Chappathis and let you know more about how was the texture. Huge bag of flour was bought by Mrs.V hoping it would work well. Our plan is to eat Chappathis 2-3 evenings. I didn't know earlier about the noisy part of the report but heard about the Mobile App for Rotimatic.

Regarding back pain, I am waiting for the appointment with the spin surgeon. After so many days of exercises, thanks to a few friends including Shanvy, I found out I was doing wrong exercises recommended by Chiropractor. Now I found the right exercises that gives me a great relief from the back pain as well as feet burning/numbness. Only issue is getting up after these exercises as the entire room around me spins for good 30-45 seconds, a sign that I am addressing the right issue. :)

Viswa

Gauri03 likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Take deep breaths. Inhale deep and exhale slowly. Lie calm and the get up @Viswamitra sir. Hope you dont nees surgery:blush:

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I'm so sorry. I just saw this. : ( Too late for your dinner! I steamed the beets, and finely diced them after they had cooled a little. Beat some curds until smoothly blended, and add salt, red chilli powder, and roasted cumin powder. Mix the beets, chill and serve. If you want a light pink color, then chill the ingredients separately and mix just before serving. The longer you keep it, the darker it gets.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

And jag grind green chillies with a little grated beet and cumin and a piece of ginger and mix with the yoghurt make it thick and not separate. Have a friend who grinds coconut grern chilli and jeera add and steam it with raw grated beetroots. Add whisked yoghurt before serving.

butterflyice, Amica, SunPa and 2 others like this.
  5. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Gauri03 and @Shanvy ..will make it this weekend. Loved that light pink color..thanks for the tip
    I actually changed my menu (roti rajma) since I wanted to really serve beets raita with my pulav.
    :smilingimp:

Gauri03 likes this.
  6. lathaDVG

lathaDVG New IL'ite

Me too, chamrajpet Iyengar Backery , cont forget Khara bun and nippatu.

blindpup10 likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viswa, a few video snippets would be nice if you can record. And, how long the rotis stay easy to tear and eat. Do they get leathery if a batch of 6-7 is made and eaten only after all are made. And, if possible how edible they remain after storing in ziploc in fridge. Done with my wishlist for your test drive. : )

What is the price of the rotimatic? Saw $999 in one place and $599 in one place.

Your back issues sound really ouch. Hope the exercises provide some relief.

8. Viswamitra

Dear Ladies,

Rotimatic was successfully installed with WiFi so that it can upgrade software automatically and can diagnose issues also online. We have made a first few chappatis and they came out okay despite them telling the first 10 need to be experimental until the machine adjust itself to the instructions.

Positives

1) State-of-the-art and very easy instructions to install
    2) User Manual is self explanatory the booklet for the users is very useful
    3) Easy to clean as the removal of containers and kneader is very easy
    4) The heat is generated only in the front door where chappatis come out and I don't understand why they gave instructions to keep the system 4 inches away from the wall
    5) Selection of number of Chappatis and making instructions are driven by the screen. Even it has option to choose the type of flour used like Asirvad, Sujata Multi Grain, etc. We purposefully selected medium roast and low oil to find out how it looks.
    6) Online support and chat support is very good

Negatives

1) The heat generated is as high as the stove and I really don't know how much the fan at the back helps
    2) If it has a computer inside, I am not sure whether that much heat is good for the system
    3) The noise level is as good as a large printer

We have to use at least for a week to figure out how useful it is. I am giving below a few images of the Rotimatic and Chapatis made out of it. We forgot to put salt with the flour. IL Rotimatic 04292017.jpg IL Rotis 04292017.jpg

butterflyice, jskls, Amica and 3 others like this.
  9. Viswamitra

Any suggestions about whether to mix salt with the flour or add it to the water?

Viswa

SunPa likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Here we go. We have made 9 chappatis for dinner. All of them came out good. Total time taken is roughly 24 minutes. First 6 minutes for the machine to warm up and then it produces 1 chappati for every 2-3 minutes. The back of the machine is not warm but the front and left felt warmer. Hopefully, the system is located at the back of the Rotimatic.

I have figured out the removal of the containers and kneader for cleaning. They have given two brushes for the parts that should not be washed. The price I paid is $600 including shipment (because I booked it 3 years back with a down payment of $100) and the new advertised price appears to be $999 plus shipment charges. They took a long time to fix issues in R & D but finally, the product appears to be decent.

If you are imaging a large chappati out of this machine, this is not the right one for you. This one makes chappatis with a diameter of 6-7 inches at best. We have not yet explored mixing the flour with other things to make it more spicy.

Viswa

butterflyice, Gauri03, Shanvy and 4 others like this.