Adda Da Hangout!

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by justanothergirl, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It does come with a special hardwood attachment but I use it once in a blue moon. The vacuum has two modes - bare-floor and brush-roll. I use bare-floor for the wood and brush-roll on the rugs.

Rihana likes this.
  2. PepperPot

PepperPot Gold IL'ite

For those that have nannies - how often do they take the day off? (with or without advance notice)
    What would you consider a normal range?

3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Had-until very recently. Unlimited sick days off with pay and zero notice.
    Planned vacation -she was very sensitive to our needs and planned around the days we were taking off from work or reg holidays/long weekends so it wouldn't impact our schedule. So yes if either me or DH had a day off she got it too with pay.
    Most US companies have about 10-11 paid working holidays in a year so thats what we passed along.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have shark and Dyson. I prefer to use the Dyson with the floor setting. I have marble/hard wood and the dyson does a better job. It's heavy though and I'm planning on buying this one for everyday use. The only person pulling out the vac is the cleaning lady these days(she prefers the dyson too). I'm still using good old jhadoo for a quick clean around the kitchen/dining areas.

Rihana likes this.
  5. PepperPot

PepperPot Gold IL'ite

How unlimited is unlimited? :coldsweat: National holidays and our own days off apart, is an average of 1.5 days off per week a normal range?

6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Why is anyone making chai in the IP? :confused:

I use a couple of stovetop kettles for making wholesale tea. Is there an easier way?

7. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

1.5 days per week sick leave....:yikes: thats too much ..if she was falling sick at that rate then one of us would have to quit.
    My nanny would take a few days off once a quarter if she had flu/ sprained back etc...
    Brings up the imp question..do u trust her?

PepperPot likes this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

For those who hire cleaning service or maid more than once a month: do you have a regular time or is it each time fix up a time good for you and them?

Do you have to pick up stuff and go around the house once removing clutter from tables, counter tops, etc?

Do you trust them enough to leave the house and come back closer to the time when they'll be done?

roomba didn't work out. : )

9. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Oh noes! I'm sorry. :(

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Why is you sorry? : )

The main area that needs cleaning every other day is very open and huge - the kitchen, nook dining area, family room and some hallway. And it is used too much to keep it ready for roomba. My kitchen plan is an annoying one that flows into living room, family room, and another hallway. Too "open". So it is hard to contain roomba in the kitchen.

That is one thing I don't like about some American house plans. KItchen is connected to at least dining area. I sometimes wish for the Indian plan where kitchen is a room by itself, lockable. Though of course food needs to be carried a distance to dining table. With open plan, even slightly messy kitchen means messy house.