Adda Da Hangout!

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by justanothergirl, Dec 1, 2016.

1. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the link, with what looks like a misleading title. I too opened a new tab for a search, and found this:
    The word “pot” is more shrouded in mystery. It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with a pot for cooking. The Oxford English Dictionary seems to concur that “pot” comes from the Latin term “potación de guayaya,” which means, “drink of grief”. This traditional Mexican beverage is prepared by ....yada ...yada...

Although I did find the detailed recipe for that potación as well, none had used/recommended the IP. So no need to post that on that IP thread.

3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

I was alerted to a quote... and later I find there was none. That reminded me of one of the lines from a character in a TV comedy serial. Michelle of the French Resistance during WW-II
    She would always start her lines with: "Listen very carefully; I shall say this only once"

[YOUTUBE]A4I9DMSvJxg[/YOUTUBE]

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ordered a George Foreman Evolve Grill. Along with the two IP's I bought, reading IL can be said to have turned expensive. : )

Had many appliances (deep fryer, fondue set, big food processor, bread maker, ...) for years. Then, one December gave all away.. the woman from craigslist who picked them up, scampered away as if I might change my mind. Even gave away annoying bone china tea cup set I had got from India. Now, back to some useful and judicious appliance buying after asking many questions to others and self.

kkrish, justanothergirl and jskls like this.
  5. justanothergirl

Just the person I needed to talk to..
    Breadmaker...u had and u gave away..why?
    What works and what doesnt..brand...the low down...

6. Rihana

All those items were wedding gifts. I was never the making bread at home kind. Now, don't ask what is the making home at bread kind. : ) So never really tried the breadmaker.

I am mostly the worst person to go to for any cooking or kitchen opinion. Sigh. I still feel bad my cooking is "mom's cooking" for my kids. LOL.

justanothergirl likes this.
  7. justanothergirl

Any breakmakers...lurking in IL :)
    I am shopping for one.. promise pics of warm bread if i do end up buying one !

8. Rihana

JAG, Will type up the pre IP-era sambhar recipe soon. The IP sambhar is there in the IP thread. : )

===========
    OP in the "Bad expereince with Desis" thread said: "Why don't Desi's share Recruiter information?" I was going to provide some reasons but desisted; I've already posted much in that thread... don't want her to end up thinking 'bad experience with desis in IL' : )

I thought it was normal and OK to sometimes be not very forthcoming with one's recruiter details. No?

justanothergirl and Nonya like this.
  9. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

if one girl happens to meet her dreamboat of a dh in Costco, that info cannot help another.

Is that recruiter comment about the bread maker ? Bread makers are good at kneading dough for roti, chappati's, naan etc. unmessy way to do that, especially if one cares about nails.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  10. Rihana

Nonya, Not sure if you are being charmingly obtuse or not familiar with the term "recruiter". OP there was saying that their friends including childhood buddies do not share recruiter (person who finds a job for you) information with them.

Nonya likes this.