1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Add Spice To Your Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Mar 8, 2019.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sir,

it is so delightful to have you back here. Enjoyed reading your narration of what happened on the flight, though I am really sorry all the passengers had to suffer so much. Your humour made the reading really entertaining.

All is well that ends well!

2. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

3. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

The biggest thrill today is when the maid turns up for work.We depend on the maid for even washing coffee mugs when we are busy browsing the social media.During younger days getting into a moving bus or catching the train when it whistles out of the station pumped in enough adrenalin to feel satisfied the whole day.At my age now crossing the road without help after stopping the traffic frantically waving my hands and earning abuses like" oldie-run for your life or did you tell your people that you were going out etc.This gives me the thrill that still I am incharge of my life.The issue is dynamic.
    Thanks .SLN

4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

"Dear Satchi,
    Thank God that all this all this happened in the cozy environment of the airport instead of at mid air.Day in and day out we hear the news of aircraft with a particular brand of engines shuddering , smoke emanating and making emergency landings.Missing baggage is also a worry.I recall RKLakshmans cartoon of a passenger travelling from Bombay to Goa and trying to book three pieces of baggage,one to Ahmedabad,one to Bangalore and the other to Hyderabad.When the counter girl says it is not possible and the baggage will be booked only to travelling destination the passenger protests and says"Madam -last time you did this and therefore what is your problem now."
    There is so much of uncertainity in life today that God deserves our thanks before we retire to bed.
    Thanks and regards-sln

satchitananda likes this.
  5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Lakskshmi Narayan,
    After a long time I logged into IL.
    Even in US we had this experience long time back when we were going from LA to Minneapolis. After lunch around noon we went to the airport to catch our flight. We boarded the flight also, but the flight didn't take off till 7 p.m. and no information and not even water was offered even for passengers with kids. Then we were told that the flight was cancelled and we would be accommodated in the next morning flight. We had to return home after waiting so long.
    At least you were able to reach Bangalore the same night.
    PS

6. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear MS Pushpavalli,
    All of us over the years have gone through flight delays,cancellation of flights etc and a few cases of flights turning back due to technical snags,bad weather etc.What is disconcerting however is the absence of communication leading to conjectures including Rahu-Kethu transit.I believe that there are standard operating procedures for providing refreshments,overnight accomodation etc.Nobody wants to take decisions and that things will calm down as we always reconcile ourselves with our fate.In my situation setting foot on the Bangalore soil was top priority.
    Regards
    SLN

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@sln Sir
    Very happy to read your post after a long time.

Air travel has ceased to be a pleasure nowadays. No matter which airline! If we search for "air travel woes" a million results come up from experiences all over the world.

I could not help but be sad at your mention of airconditioned home in Bangalore. Once upon a time Bangalore meant "cool pleasant weather" by default. This is another sad state of the overcrowded city and enormous volume of traffic the infrastructure is unable to handle.

With all that I still enjoyed your humor sir. You truly deserve the finest post award.

8. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kkrish,
    Thanks.I dread the exhausting and painful traffic movement on the terra firma in Bangalore more than the infrequent delays in air travel.It is however the attitude of the airline staff that bothers me.With 36 degrees day time temperature and just 16% humidityright now in Bangalore skin has become dry.It is not uncommon to see people unconsciously scratching their backs while chatting on the jogging track.
    Regards.SLN

9. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations on the recognition of the post as FP.

I wonder how long it would take to travel in an AC bus from Madurai to Bangalore ? With a stop enroute for a dinner at a good roadside Dhaba ? Spicejet travel is a learning experience.

10. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Thanks.AC sleeper buses are available for overnight journey of around 8 hours.I understand that flights madurai Bangalore are not operating as BOEING MAX 737 OPERATING ON THIS SECTOR IS GROUNDED.
    Regards.SLN