Acknowlede the power of the One above...

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by ssm014, Feb 4, 2012.

1. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    Day to day there are many prayers answered for all of us, many of which we attribute to some God. We all may have witnessed some or the other miracles and cures that take place in our place in our life due to the faith and the love that we put in our gods and goddesses.

I would like to open this thread is to acknowledge the power of the one above..
    As a rule, lets desist in calling any ‘one’ particular God as the most important one …
    Lets also not badmouth any god or religion..After all our great religion Hinduism believes that all ‘margs’ or roads lead to one…

In the ‘True’ Spirit of Hinduism, would request you all to share your personal experiences
    This will give us a good Legacy to share with the future generations…and ensure that we all are grateful for our prayers being answered..:bonk

2. sairekha

sairekha New IL'ite

Hi..

I believe in Shirdi Sai Baba and have always felt he is guiding me and my beloved people....I surrender myself to him..Thanks Baba..

OM SAI RAM!!!

3. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Hari Aum NamashivAya

4. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Well I have one or 2 stories to share from my personal experience. A long post....

Ours was an inter community marriage, and immediadtley after wedding we relocated to Europe..I had to leave my settled job in Mumbai...

Things were fine initially for 1-2 months, but due to some issues/misundertandings/ adjustement factors with Inlaws after marriage, things between us as a couple were not allright.. that was a lot of stress, which I now admit in hindsight let affect my relations with my hubby. The stress of leaving a job, moving to a cold country with depressing weather took its toll on me..Rather than enjoying the privacy and good life there, i used to pick up fights with him. 'relations' between us were non existent at that time...

Since it was his first job outside, we were not able to negotiate on our salary terms there...things were difficult for 2 of us to live in 1 person salary.

In the midst of this, the country's rules in terms of work permit changes and we faced visa issues...and had to return back.

Since we were newly married, we had carried a lot of gifts in container allocated to us.. due to change in visa situation we were required to leave th country without container..means we had to leave all our precious items there....

In the midst of this confusion, FIL had an heart issue and we had to rush home (on our expense with immediate booking of tickets...all savings gone...:(

in the same week SIL delivered a baby with high complications..both were admitted in diff hospitals..

Unfortuantely DH coulsnt spend much time at home, as we had to rush back to sort our things...

Also since were newly married, we didnt share these details with my parents...plus the stress of looking for jon once we come back to India..

My father is an atheist...hence I dint have much religious tendencies till this stage...

One of my grandfathers' brother who was sick had a vision about our clan not doing enough for Murugan..the family deity,....I just heard this while speaking to my Mom on fone...

Somehow that conversation stirred sumthing deep in me (sorry...unable to desribe...) and I immediately started praying to Murugan......to somehow settle issue of us coming out of the situation in 1 piece and getting a job...

needless to say....we were able to leave with most of the expensive stuff being couriered...and within a week of coming to India, DH got another expat job....

while leaving that country, I also realised in athe airport that one of boxes of silver jewellery earrings , payals etc were left out in the flat...Again Murugan heard my prayers and on of our freinds managed to locate it and deleivered it to us through some other people in Mumbai....

a few other s after this incident, me and mother were sitting in an amusement ride...while coming down..I shouted "Muruga..Shanmuga Shiva shiva rather than "amma" as I used to do when afraid...Needless to say she was verrrry puzzled..as I had not much exposure to Karthikeyan while growing up...

I am still not a perfect bhakth, I dont even pray or rlight lamps everyday....but whever I am in trouble or in danger like evn crossing the road...I call out his name...

Muruga Shanmuga Shiva Shiva..!!

3 people like this.
  5. deepa10

deepa10 Gold IL'ite

I am a devotee of lord Ganesha... I pray and think of him daily...
    But when I get scared or angry I was saying "aiyo.." which i wanted to change for a long time. Then I heard someone saying "Anjaneya..." out of frustration and I got that too.. Now, whenever I am angry, scared, frustarted, sad, happy... I say "Anjaneya...............!! Save me/him/her depend on the situation" :)

6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear sister,

Thanks for starting this thread, Yes there an almighty above us who is always with us in all our actions and deeds, each one calls him with a different name and form, but he is one, Creator, Protector, Leader, Guru and all.

Though we have been given birth by our biological parents who were given the duty of doing the same as per their and our karma, but sole creator is the one above us who guides in all deeds and actions.

Someone may feel while reading this " is a bad deed also guided by him..." A person doing a bad deed, his conscience alarms him (that is the almighty) but still he supresses that and does it (this is the maya which acts on him, as per the balance of karma brought forward from previous birth, we can always supercede Maya if we surrender ourselves to Guru, some of us do, while most of them don't and get carried away be greed) Greed, Jealousy, Pride are certain factors of Maya which makes people blind and the act is done.

Our Guru, matha, pitha is SHIRDI SAIBABA, he lives with us as one amongst us, guides us in day to day matters, spiritual path, official mentor... I am happy to make a mention of this especially on a thursday.Bow

7. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Xiaojie,

Guess u have not come back to read the thread you started, no one else except the above 5 would like to share theirs ....

8. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Dears

Saishakti would you like to quote any incident or story that re affirmed your faith in GOd

something like a testimonial on how god heard your prayers and answered them...