1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Acer 10.1" Touchscreen Convertible Laptop-will It Be Ok For India?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Ragavisang, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

I'm planning to buy
    Acer 10.1" Touchscreen Convertible Laptop - Silver (Intel Atom x5-Z8300/ 64GB eMMC/4 GB/ Windows 10)
    to use it in India. Just want to know with the data card(internet) and other Indian conditions (Sorry,I don't know how to say it specifically) will it works normal or speed/performance will be affected? Will it be suitable for India? I don't have much knowledge about computer specifications.

Please give me your opinion.

2. whistle

whistle Silver IL'ite

Please pardon my ignorance, why are you worried about a laptop not working in indian conditions? Aren't all supposed to work?

Overall this is not a good laptop for you to expect any speed or performance, but it depends on how much speed you expect.

Who is going to use this and how?

3. Depressedmind19

Depressedmind19 New IL'ite

hey hi , don't go for acer laptop that too with Atom processor that is total waste of money. What is your requirement ? like you jus
    gonna use it for browsing and watching videos or any professional works ?
    what is your budget ?
    For internet data card . you can buy a multiple sim using data with mobile hotspot option from 1000rs to 2500rs. later get a prepaid sim card as per your requirement in india

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Eventually what was decided. Did the intended equipment purchased? If it was bought, did it give satisfactory performance?
    Asking just to be in the know if things.
    Thanks and Regards.

God bless.