Accredited Online Courses

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by ChennaiExpress, Mar 24, 2018.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Hello Ladies (and Gents)

I've been super busy.

Later this year, I plan on taking online pre-med courses (God Willing).

How do I know which Online Courses are accepted by US Universities (i.e. US Medical Schools in particular)

2. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

From whatever I know, there are laboratory classes ( bio, physics,chemistry) included for premed requirements that cannot be fulfilled online. Check community colleges in your area for evening classes if you plan to continue working full time . Good luck !!

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  3. ChennaiExpress

Thank you Dear

Sandycandy likes this.
  4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

There are many books that lay out the admissions process, like this one. Take a look, get one, and develop a roadmap for your quest.

For a variety of reasons, schools favor in-state applications - it is somewhat "easier" to seek admission to a school in your state than out of state (ignoring the private universities). So, look into the requirements for med-schools in your state first.

Requirements vary slightly from school to school. So, make a list of where you might apply and collect information about their requirements.

As mentioned above, you can take the lecture courses online and the lab courses at a university near you. First, identify where you will do the lab courses and then check requirements for those. Many colleges tend to bundle lab and lecture courses, so plan carefully.

Sandycandy and ChennaiExpress like this.
  5. ChennaiExpress

That book looks like a great resource!

Ideally, I'd like to take courses online, while the labs are at local universities.

Oh gosh, you are so right about in-state. I'm planning to stay in-state due to logistics with family.

At the same time, my state has the most competitive med-schools in the nation!

Whew, this is gonna be an interesting ride.

Sandycandy likes this.