Accomodation, school

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by Pubali, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Pubali

Pubali New IL'ite

Hi All,

Its nice to be here. I am yet to follow my hubby who is already in AD. He is putting up in a shared accomodation in TCA (thats where hiis office is) till me and my son of 10 yrs join him in a couple of months. But by than he has to find a bigger independent accomodation of a BR and a hall, preferably within a budget of 120,000 AED. If anybody can give some leads it will be very helpful.
    We intend to apply for admission into 6th for our son to ADIS from the new session. My worry is should I take out his TC (he is in DPS, Kolkata) first or wait till I get a confirmed seat in one of the good schools. Is it required to submt the TC at the time of admission or the school gives some time (say 1 mth after confirmed admission) to submit the same. Any suggestions/advice will be very helpful.
    Thanks in advance.

2. mdmini

mdmini Senior IL'ite

Dear

welcome to AUH. for one thing, the rent are soaring high here, it's hard to find a good accomodation with the budget you mentioned, specially in that area. If your husband has a car, it would be better to move away from the town a bit and find some house near murroor / mushrif, you get good apartment villas within that budget. and it's good for the kids too, they are not confined to the four walls of a bldg flat.

About admissions in school, if you decided on Indian School, then it's not really a hassle to get admissions there. they have an interview and entrance exam which can average student can pass easily. But make sure you apply for the admissions as soon as the admissions open 'cos there might be a rush.

I am not sure about the TC but I strongly think they will give you sufficient time to get the TC for them. In any case, since you are planning to move in to AUH, I think you can ask for the TC from his current school right away 'cos admissions are not a hassle in AUH, if done on time.

If you are looking out for international schools, then the admissions start in January - Feb. so you have to apply the same time. The academic year for indian schools start in April so make sure you apply on time.

good luck...

3. Pubali

Pubali New IL'ite

Hi,

Many thanks for the information. We have come to know about the high rents so also planning to raise the budget. But I can also see the positive side of leaving away from the city. The car is a long shot since he doesnt have a AD driving lcense yet, but plans to get one.
    Shall give a try in ADIS since it will be the starting of a new session. I can only hope to get lucky since I hear it is a lottery for admissions to Std. VIth at ADIS.
    Thanks again.