1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Abusive Ex cursed my baby while I crocheted baby blanket

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ChennaiExpress, Oct 5, 2014.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I wasn't sure what forum to post this in. Moderator, you can move post as needed.

Some of you may know my story. I was in an abusive marriage, was pressured to get pregnant, had miscarriage. My baby was due this week.

I am now remembering the time when I was few weeks pregnant and I was crocheting a blanket for my unborn child. My abusive husband got angry and said I should not crochet the blanket because it was damage my baby's skin. He got angry and screamed at me and made me put it away.

Now God has blessed me by making that monster get out of my life. But I still have that unfinished blanket.

Few questions

1. God-willing if I get married again and get pregnant again, can I continue to crochet this same blanket for my child (my child is my child, doesn't matter who the father is)?

2. How do I bless this blanket so I get rid of any negativity from this monster. Is there something in Hinduism that addresses this?

Are there other considerations?

I'm so knee deep in trying to get my life back together again, but I was reminded by this today ......

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Make a new one for the new baby. This one will remind you of the one you lost. The new baby deserves a fresh start.
    Keep this one as a memory of the angel you lost.

Lots of hugs to you Op.....Your post brought tears in my eyes.Hope your life takes a beautiful turn soon. Take care.

6 people like this.
  3. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

Hugs to you.... Make a new one for the your baby.... Lots of good luck your way and be happy the hard times are behind you....maybe you can make a baby kit with goodies and include this blanket n give this to somebody who can't afford it?? Just my two cents...

3 people like this.
  4. ChennaiExpress

I think that's a great idea

Awww thank you. I've been a bit emotional past couple of days .....

I think Baby kit is great idea. I was almost finished with the old blanket, so this one can go to a baby who is in a loving home.

5. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP, I appreciate your courage and bold step you have taken in your life. Hope your dreams will come true soon. As others suggested, it's better to make a new blanket for the baby. All the best for your future.

1 person likes this.
  6. pear

pear Gold IL'ite

Dear chennai express,

console1 Hugs to you..As a mom i could understand the sentiment you feel for that blanket.Finish that blanket in the memory of the child you never had and give the blanket away to a stranger/orphanage/ in a govt hospital(to give proper end to your babys chapter).In hindus all possessions of the death are burned or given away to end that persons chapter.

Painful memories needs to be erased to create new pleasant memories.Its not fair for you to carry forward this memory to your next relationship.Your new kid deserves a brand new happy starting point(not this blanket as a starting point).

God leads you through such rough patches for a reason unknown to us.May god almighty comfort you and provide you with his strength.May he bless you dear with a new beginning .

Prayers to you dear

3 people like this.
  7. ChennaiExpress

I'm going to donate someplace.

Trying to focus on having happy thoughts and feelings at this rough time .....

1 person likes this.
  8. Butterflie

Butterflie Bronze IL'ite

Hugs to you dear. Im so sorry u had to go through this. Hoping your pain eases soon.
    Like others said, looking at it would only give u more pain. Donating it to a stranger would be better. Because if it were a friend and u had to see them using it, you will definitely break down.

1 person likes this.
  9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

OP: May I suggest you adopt a practice that I use? If you have any possession that has bad memories, get rid of it. Even if it's expensive or whatever, get rid of it. We have enough strife in our lives without having reminders of past strife to add to it.

2 people like this.
  10. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

Hi op
    Hugs! I would also suggest not to use this blanket for you baby. It will bring back those bitter memories. Let the blanket be used by someone who needs it now. Finish it and donate it .

1 person likes this.