Absense Of Cervical Mucus - Is A Problem?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by deeprapriya, Sep 21, 2016.

1. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

My cycle is 28 days. Usually I get CM from day 9 till day 14/day15. But from last month, I dont feel CM is produced. I couldnt see it at all. But, Last month I had slight pain on the left side on Day 13, so I thought I ovulated. THis month, I am yet to check ovulation. Usually I identify ovulation with CM only. I dont get ovulation pain every month.

So now, I am scared, since there is no CM at all in this cycle. I am planning ttc in 2 months for second baby. is it a fertility problem that I have to look at?.

Your replies will be of great help to me.

2. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

OP,

I was never able to pin point ovulation based on CM.It always used to confuse me. There were times when i felt i was not producing any CM. but my gynec after a physical examination had pronounced that my body was producing sufficient amount. Please observe for one more cycle and then consult your gynec if you feel the need

deeprapriya likes this.
  3. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Even when I am ttc(second baby)initially I tried tracking down CM and noting down body temperature daily. Some month the CM is good and other times is dry. I have a doubt whether I am ovulating or not.That's y my doctor asked me to take Clomid ,estrodiol to ovulate. I start using ovulation strips to know correct date I ovulate instead of guessing. Once I started this, it is easy for me to try,Bcoz we have to be sure the day we ovulate to get conceive. You don't have to worry, just buy an ovulation strip from ebay or consult a doctor to clarify your doubt.

Suja9 and deeprapriya like this.
  4. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

thanks @deepthivinayak1. So can I ovulate without CM also?. Will it affect getting pregnant without CM?.

5. deepthivinayak1

CM just helps the sperm to swim easily . Once I went to doctor for regular check up after taking Clomid, I told doctor I feel I am dry. After checking me she said u r ovulating and ur CM is perfect and try IC for next few days to get conceive. So I would say check ur body temperature too to know when you are ovulating.

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Cervical mucus will be there inside mostly, it may not be noticeable in all cycles. It depends on various factors. If you feel too dry during ic, then you should raise your concern to your gynec.

deeprapriya likes this.
  7. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

8. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

Sorry to disturb you all again. To my surprise, I am getting a good CM as I used to get before, from cycle day 16 to cycle day 19. What does that mean?. Is it a sign of late ovulation?. @deepthivinayak1 ,@Vasumathy - Can you please provide your thoughts?.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Deepa,
    It can be sign of ovulation. But not definitive. Ovulation can't be easily determined with cm alone. Still you can try to do ic around that period.
    What is your cycle length by the way? Only that can suggest more on ovulation. CD 16 is not too late.

deeprapriya likes this.
  10. deepthivinayak1

Hi,
    Some ovulate late. Hope u r ovulating, have IC daily during this period. For few,ovulation start early and for some it will b late. If ur CM is stretchy, it s fertile. Have IC for next 4 days. Usually we have to have IC two or three days before ovulation and on day of ovulation and one day after. So try this cycle.

deeprapriya likes this.