Abroad jobs - please help

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific - Other Areas' started by Angiee, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Angiee

Angiee Silver IL'ite

Friends,

Me and my DH are looking for abroad jobs irrespective of any country.

DH is into banking (MBA) and works as data analyst. and I am an IT professionalist but dont mind taking up any kind of decent jobs abroad(Teacher, admin etc).

Can you ladies please tell me some good overseas job websites, reliable consultancies or agents in chennai. How did you all manage to get jobs abroad? Please help us too. I would be really thankful to you all.

2. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Angiee,

These days trying directly for abroad job is very difficult, until unless if your company provides you long term opportunity its not easy to go abroad.

How many years of experience your husband has? It's better try for Immigration or Job Search Visa for any country.

Myself and my wife have been trying for several years, we both are in IT, but so far no luck, through our companies also we didn't get any long term. So, two years before we decided to process Immigration to NZ, and last month only we got our Residency Visa. Now we need to go there and search job. Again, its not that easy. But no other go.

So, you also suggest your husband to try Immigration for any country. You can visit this website www.expatforum.com for details. Do not go to any consultants for Immigration if you don't know anything about them.

Good Luck.

3. Angiee

Angiee Silver IL'ite

Vjan, your reply is really informative. Thank you!

Husband has 5+ yrs experience.

4. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Angiee,

Ok good. These days companies are looking for people around 3+ to 5+ years of experience only. So, he will get chance to change companies, first try to find out companies in India who are giving long term onsite opportunities. Since he is a data analyst he can even try in IT companies who are doing Banking and Financial Services. There are many IT companies doing Banking and Financial Services, they will utilize banking knowledge candidates, so he can become Business Analyst in IT companies. My company too an Banking and Financial Services company.

Try for one year rigorously for companies who are giving more abroad chances. In parallel try on your own for Work Search Visa, there are countries provide work search visa, where they will provide Visa to search work. You have to go to their country after getting visa (all family member allowed) and secure a job, later you can process residency visa.

So start trying now itself for companies and parallel on your own move to different country. Me and my wife realized very lately about processing on our own, so start working on this.

Good luck.