About Vietnam

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific - Other Areas' started by sramachandran, Jun 9, 2012.

1. sramachandran

sramachandran New IL'ite

:coffeeHi any Indusladies lives in Vietnam?
    How is the country to work with?
    How you are managing for Indian life style?
    Any one can share the info with me?

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

I was in the country for 2 months in Hanoi.
    I struggled basically because of the language. But I was able to get Rice, wheat and basic vegetables. Since it was for a short time i carried Pulse and spices. But i heard there is a Indian grocery shop around there. There are couple of Indian restaurants too there.My stay was good, but language was the main hindarance.
    Sorry I'm unable to provide any other info apart from this.

3. sramachandran

sramachandran New IL'ite

Thank you dear.
    A friend among your friends

4. manjugita

manjugita New IL'ite

Hello friends,
    I am eager to talk to any Indian living in Vietnam or was living in Vietnam. My husband is about the finalize a job deal with a company in Vietnam. I have a 4 yrs old daughter who is liking her school and friends a lot in Bangalore. I have a wholesale handmade jewellery business. If we have to leave everything behind and move to Vietnam, I need to to know certain things about living in Vietnam. I am completely ignorant about the life there. I kneed to know anything and everything about living in Vietnam. schools, hospitals, work opportunity for spouse, racism..... many more. Kindly share with me your experiences and guide me. Thanks in advance

5. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

I have been to Vietnam many times and may go next month for business work. It is a very nice and beautiful country. If you are vegetarian, food is a problem. I have been to Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh. Ho Chi Minh is better than Hanoi (was under US influence). I used to be there only for a week or so each time. People are really nice and helpful. Language is an issue but if you have things written in local language, it is easy to communicate.

There is a good community of Indians in Ho Chi Minh compared to Hanoi. Hanoi has 400 indian families. There are indian restaurants both in Ho Chi Minh (Ganesh) and Hanoi (Namaste Hanoi). The owners are friendly.

Schoolwise, i have heard, indians go to international school. Rent, schools are expensive other than that food, clothes are cheap.

The Intercontinental hotel i stayed in didn't have any indian cables. So not sure if it is available or one has to watch on internet.