1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

about tighten tummy muscles

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by geetharul, May 13, 2009.

1. geetharul

geetharul New IL'ite

Hi,

My Uterus is getting down. My stomach is also big. My stomach muscles are loose also. How to tighten and reduce my stomach. What kind of exercises can I do? Consider my Uterus position also

2. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

you need to do tummy exercises and once to start doing that your tummy muscles will tighten nad also do pelvic exercises.
    talk your gyno and ask him if yuo can join the gym, once you join the gym, talk to your trainer and he will guide you accordingly
    hope i have helped you
    alpa:cheers

3. geetharul

geetharul New IL'ite

Thank you very much.

4. suzanna

suzanna Senior IL'ite

hi
    for reducing your tummy,you need to do exercises like abdominal curls etc.
    but before you start any new exercise regimen you do need to get a checkup with a doctor.
    as your basic state of health has to be assessed.
    any advice will otherwise be too vague and harmful to you.
    for your uterus,you need a gynaec exam to assess the degree the uterus has come down.
    once they examine you they can give you the right advice.:)

5. geetharul

geetharul New IL'ite

Thank you Suzana. I asked doctor about this. She told ," Don't carry weight, don't walk or stand too much. If you do so you can move for atleast 4 to 5 years. When I asked her about exercise she told, Do Pelvic floor exercise and do the exercises which should not give stress to your stomach. Now my age is 34. I am in Abu dhabi.

She told my stomach muscles are very loose. I think this may be because I lift too much weight some times. My mother also told me not to carry weight too much. But I did it even though there was no necessary to do those work. My both children are delivered through normal delivery and their weight was normal at birth.

So I want to reduce my tummy muscles also as I feel it looks very bad.

Thanking in advance.

6. vijiananthu

vijiananthu Gold IL'ite

Hi!

You can do some floor exercises like your doctor have advised.
    Pelvic exercises, lifting your leg and thighs for 10-15 times and lifting your legs on side ways will help.

Try

7. suzanna

suzanna Senior IL'ite

hi,
    pelvic floor muscle exercise or kegels,while you are urinating,try and hold the stream of urine.this will familiarise you with the right muscles .
    then anytime of the day sitting standing or lying down,slowly tighten those muscles and also slowly relax them.[but always empty your bladder after stopping urinating]
    do this about 50 times a day.
    also slowly tighten your abdominal muscles as if a thread connected to your belly button is being pulled into your tummy.
    keep holding it for a short while.and then let go
    this too you can do anytime of the day.just keep repeating them and you will get into the habit of holding your abdominals in.
    for curls lie down knees bend,hands behind your head,slowly raise your head and shoulders a little off the floor.
    keep your neck straight and when you are raising your head breathe out.breathe in while putting your head back on the floor
    and when you breathe in expand your abdominal muscles and when you breathe out squeeze your abdominal muscles.
    these are part of pilates.and you can get the right way to start them by going on the net.
    . try pilates for beginners,they are safe and easy but there are important ways to breathe and to hold the pelvis so its better you read it through before starting.
    all the best.:thumbsup