about south korea?

Discussion in 'Asia Pacific - Other Areas' started by dolly21, Apr 14, 2009.

1. dolly21

dolly21 Senior IL'ite

Hi friends
    My husband has an offer to work in SAMSUNG S.Korea.I want to know How is the life there?having many doubts like security,transport facilities etc.
    Also want to know about the job oppertunities.Also heard that with out knowing korean language it is very difficult to live in korea.Is it true?I came to know that most of the koreans dont know english and communication is a big problem.Is this true?Please any one clarify my doubts.bonk

2. rkavyaprabhu

rkavyaprabhu New IL'ite

Dear Dolly,

Welcome to SouthKorea;)
    Korea is a very safe place, transportation is good. Without knowing korean you may find it hard, but it is manageable. Few know english here.
    Where is S.Korea, Suwon?

Friend
    R.KaviyaPrabhu

3. dolly21

dolly21 Senior IL'ite

Hi kavya
    Thanks for your reply.ya its Suwon in South Korea.

4. rkavyaprabhu

rkavyaprabhu New IL'ite

Hi Dolly21

Good to know you are coming to Suwon. Im staying in Suwon and my DH is working in Samsung.

Job opporunities in Suwon is teaching jobs mostly recommend for foriegners that too native english speakers only but if u learn korean language first .then u can send resume to the consultant and get a job.

Here one problem is vegetables u cannot find some indian vegetables like beans, ladiesfinger, sorakai, drumstick etc., and saudiarabia/ Indian wheat is not available here now korean wheat is available.

Rice u will find jasmine and thai.

one more thing u need to get smallgrinder if u are eating idili or dosai otherwise no need.

If u are health club person u will find yoga and aerobics classes etc

Hospitals are really good some doctors knew English and medical shops can speak english too that will not be a problem.

Here Indians having community for Indians in Suwon and Seoul is mainly for Families, kids so that they cannot miss Indians festivals and kids interaction, friendship etc.,after coming here u can join the community.

Otherthan here people are friendly, helping and safe. Climate is good and u can enjoy ur life here.

If u need any other information i can help u.

Friend
    R.KaviyaPrabhu.

5. dolly21

dolly21 Senior IL'ite

Hi Kavya

Its great to see your detailed reply.thanks a lot.Actually we are staying in singapore.but havent decided yet whether to come korea or not.I'm in search of a job here.sice 5 months i have been trying for a job.but here employers give preference only to natives and Permanent Residents.
    I dont have PR and this is the problem i'm not getting a job.IS the situation same in korea?If not I shall give a try.I'm a graduate in lifesciences and good at english.so let me know these details please.

cheers
    Dolly

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  6. dolly21

dolly21 Senior IL'ite

Hi kavya

Are u working in a hospital?Where did u do your MBA?Is there any distance education to do MBA in Health care?I'm curious to know?

7. rkavyaprabhu

rkavyaprabhu New IL'ite

Hi Dolly21

Im really sorry for the late reply. Here there is no restrictions (noncitizens/ non PR)can apply for jobs. Here teaching jobs their first preference is native english speakers only and some non native speakers can get jobs like kindergarden parttime teacher but should know korean language very well. So you can give a try.

I have done my MBA (H&HSM) in Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute in Chennai. I was working in Lifeline Multispeciality Hospital Chennai for 1 year, i got married n immediately moved to SouthKorea at present not working.

MBA ( Hospital and Health Systems Management) is really a good course.Since your background is lifescience it will be moreadvantage in ur career.( u need to learn advanced accounts papers during the courses that time u will find difficulties otherthan that u can manage the course verywell)

You can try BITS Pilani offering MPhil distance education in Hospital and Health Systems Management really a good one.

I have attached the links below u can find which are the universities offering correspondence course;
    » Courses in health and hospital management MBA News Worldwide Marketing, Finance, Executive, Jobs, Results...

BITS Pilani
    DLP Admissions - I 2009

DLP Admissions - I 2009

All The Best and Never Never GiveUp Until U Have Achieved;:thumbsup

Have a nice day.

Dont worry be happy god is there with you.

Friend
    R.KaviyaPrabhu

8. dolly21

dolly21 Senior IL'ite

Hi Kavya
    Thank you very much for your info.take care.

cheers
    Dolly

9. lalithanivas

lalithanivas Gold IL'ite

Hi Kavyaprabhu

How are u?thanks a lot for ur very useful information.what do u do?I have seen some of ur replies.u are very friendly.so thought of giving u a message.want to know more about u if u never mind.

with luv
    LalithaNivas

10. bhatnagar

bhatnagar New IL'ite

Hey my girlfriend has an indian passport and is looking for work in south korea. She has an ma in microbiology and a whole host of other qualifications. I would love her to come to seoul and work but they have many restrctions for people with indian passports. How long can she stay on a tourist visa? If anyone can help and knows of any companies that hire indians please get back to me. thanks