About Laproscopy

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by AS1982, Feb 20, 2012.

1. AS1982

AS1982 Silver IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

I am married since March 2011 and have PCOS and Irregular Periods. I have been taking Krimson 35 and Glycomet for the past 7 months and now I am advised to stop all those tablets and take B-Long F for 3 months. My doctor is trying to make me get conceived in a normal way by inducing ovulation tablets before May and if it fails, she is planning for a laproscopic treatment (ovarian drilling) to remove the cysts and to check if any blocks are there in the fallopian tube.

Can somebody tell me wht it is and whether is it safe? Is laparoscopy effective and suggestable one? How much will that cost? She was saying the chances of getting pregnant is 90% after that.

Has anyone undergone this treatment? Can I undergo that?

Regards,
    Asha S

2. djain

djain Bronze IL'ite

Hi Asha,
    I hv gone through laproscopy & also had cyst.
    even mine was similar case, whr un i went through laproscopy to remove my cyst.
    Yes it is safe & as mentioned by ur doctor this is one the treatment if woman on ttc don't conceive for longer duration.

On effectiveness part, during tht doc passed through some die from our tubes to check the spill of the die if it is normal tht means there is no blockage in tubes.

I think, as there is no other way to check tubal blockage, this is the only way to check tubal condition. Also have heard that minor blockage can be removed during laproscopy as well... so don't worry dear... this is absolutely recommended one to go for.
    Also look at the other side, after surgery r cyst will be removed so this may help in regulating ur periods & increases ur chances of conceiving.

Hope this helps ! You may want to read more abt it on web ... tht will help you in clearing many of ur doubts & build some confidence.

Dont worry & all d very best !

Let me know in case you need some more clarification.

with luv,
    Dharini

3. AS1982

AS1982 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much Dharini...

4. AS1982

AS1982 Silver IL'ite

Dharini,

Can you tell me how much does it costs?

Regards,
    Asha S

5. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

Hi Asha

As per my experience it will cost from 10,000 to 30,000. For me it was around 10,000 to 15,000 for normal. For my friend Lap was somewhat complicated so it was around 30,000.

Don't worry, all will be normal. Relax, eat healthy, and pray. My prayers for you.

6. AS1982

AS1982 Silver IL'ite

Thank you dear...

7. komal16

komal16 New IL'ite

do we need to take any medicines aft surgery? can we try in next cycle?

8. saramuthu

saramuthu New IL'ite

Hi,

I also had PCOS problem. I also had laproscopy. but, after that i had crystal. After 6 months i take tablet to reduce the crystal. my friend do this surgery, she got pregrency next month of that.

Sara