1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Abdication… A Pipe Dream?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by twinsmom, Aug 15, 2007.

1. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Meenu,
    That is a wonderful praise about my writing... But I daren't accept it. R. K. Narayan is one of the great writers India has produced and his magic is unparalelled... His mastery in weaving plots fantastic... Still it felt great... Thank you!:p

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Twinsmom,

You are becoming a writer to reckon with :) One of these days, I will make time to read all your contributions in the forum. Imagine, you write faster than I can read !! :-( But never mind, now that you are here and your articles, it is going to be a pleasure to log in and read at any time I feel like it :) Okay, that's about my musings.
    The kitchen that comes closest to what you describe here is that of my maternal grandmom's. Now she is no more nor is the house in the family, sold off a long time ago. But it brought back the childhood memories of my vacation to grandparents and how my grandmom and great grandmom cooked in 'madi' and the wing with the kitchen was almost like another world to us kids ! But I will let you in to a secret. My grandma loved us so much that when we visited her, she made a huuuuge concession only for us ( my sis and me) where 'madi' was concerned ! It used to infuriate my young aunts and mom too. But grandma thought that God is lenient , not too strict where her li'l ones are concerned!! Oh those days ......sigh.....

L, Kamla

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi Twinsmom,

In my experience, the waiting for mera number kab ayega is very nice than when your number comes.:icon_frown:

4. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

hello Kamla,
    Thank you... it is a pleasure to to be able to post my own views and tales... but it is a greater pleasure to have others read and respond to them...

Most of my work stem from life... my own... and it is wonderful to see that there are others who can empathize with my memories and vibe so well with them... your FB triggered memories of my own grandma...

5. twinsmom

twinsmom Silver IL'ite

Hi shanvy,
    I hope not.... I really hope not... because, ultimately mera number ayega... and then I want to enjoy it!:) ....:wink: