1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aayah Issue.

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sweetria, Oct 1, 2018.

1. sweetria

sweetria New IL'ite

hello

I am a stay at home mom who sometimes have to do some work from home(helping out husband in his work). I hired a aayah for my son, now 17 months old, a year back. Suddenly since last two months she just sticks with me and my baby the whole day. She does not leave me and the baby alone at all. In fact she does not like if my baby spends time with anybody else. How can I fix this situation or will I ultimately have to fire her. My baby will start preschool this week and was wondering whether I will be able to manage without a nanny. Apart from her we have two maids to do household duties so I am not bogged down with house work.
    Please give your valuable inputs
    Thanks

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

@sweetria Is she a full time aayah? I confess its been a while since I heard someone use this word and it brought back memories of my nephews birth :)
    If she is full time, perhaps she was recently told that she has to be with the baby at all times to "keep her job"?
    Regardless, if you want to spend some alone time with the baby when the aayah is around, perhaps you can tell her what else she can do while you are with the baby? like watching TV or something?

sindmani likes this.