Aaru Padai Veedu - Lord Murugan

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by anurar20, Feb 13, 2012.

1. nalanda

nalanda New IL'ite

vanakkam,may the lord bless you; you have true bakhti through your writing.
    om saravana bava om
    nalanda

2. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Anu for such a wonderul write up.. am tempted to take printout of all the details here and keep it at home
    I can teach my toddler about these shrines through stories with this wonderful information.

3. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your blessings.................

4. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

i am very much happy to hear that u want to teach your kid about spiritual which leads them in good path. Thanks a lot for your beautiful fb....

5. sivshankari

sivshankari Gold IL'ite

hats off to ur work......thz for sharing..

6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anu Sister,

Thanks for sharing the valuable treasure, Have you been to all these temples, if not all the six abodes of Lord Muruga, One more favour, there are three temples, sculptor being one, you have mentioned about Ettukudi and Sikkal, can you also post about ENKAN Muruga, Thanks.

May Baba bless you in abundance and make your wishes come to reality. We had recently been to Subramaniaswamy temple, Thiruchendur on Dec 25th 2011, It was speechless to see the crowd which had thronged in temple, due to Sabarimala rush and also school holidays for Christmas.

To even enter the vehicle queue was for nearly a Km, We somehow managed into the carpark after 30 min, Looking at the crowd we were astonished, and felt only Lord can help us to seek his blessings, since we had lot of luggage and the crowd was so much we had asked the driver to sit in the car itself, and said we would give a try and the leave the rest to our Guru Saibaba and Lord Muruga.

Hardly walked into the temple with calm mind to see the Lord, a priest dhoti clad from somewhere came in and held my DH'd hand and asked if we need to go inside for darshan, My DH just pushed his hand off as he was a stranger and looked at me, I also gave a pale look feeling that it could be a person who would fleece money out of our pocket, I was about to tell my DH my opinion, meanwhile the stranger said there is no time to waste and it is going to "evening pooja time and the screen will soon be closed"

Even before we realised we were near the sanctum, In a wink the stranger was moving, we couldn't keep pace with him that too in the crowd, Because we were not able to keep pace with him, he again held my DH's hand and quickly landed us in front of the Lord, We both were literally in tears standing before the lord which could have never been imagined, While the rest of the devotees were pushed through the crowd by the securities around, we were still standing at least for 5 minutes, really cant recollect what we even prayed, took aarthi darsan moved out

Wanted to thank profusely and gift the stranger something, we couldn't find him again, we took efforts to search for him, ALAS!! he never came back again, My DH was choking and said my guru Saibaba and Lord Muruga have held my hands to take me inside for darshan, which I never realised, I also felt bad for thinking he would fleece money as that is reality and asked Lord to pardon me for my ignorance. :bow:

Thanks for reading

1 person likes this.
  7. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you very much mam

8. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saisakthi sister,

I had been to all 5 places missed pazhani planning to go this year. Ratnagiri is near to my grannys place so i visited n number of times. i visit tirutani every year.

Nice to hear that my lord muruga has given you wonderful darshan of him. even i had experienced same in thiruchendur last year a unknown person came and drag my dad and introduced to some priest we had a good darshan. Have you seen 5 lingas behind garbhagraha that is really wonders.

reg enkan ill post it sister.

thanks again.

9. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Enn kann

Arulmighu Subramanyar temple at Enkan is one of the oldest temple found near Nannilam near Tanjore (Koradacheri)..

The Presiding deity of this temple is Arulmighu Brahmapureeswarar (Shiva) and one among the Devara Paadal Petra Sthalam. Arulmighu Subramanyar shrine has got a greater significance, since this sthalam is glorified by the Tiruppugazh hymns of Arunagirinathar like that of Sikkal and Ettukkudi.

The beauty of Arulmighu Subramanyar is one of the speciality of this temple. The sculptor who made the Subramanyar idol of Sikkal and Ettukkudi, designed the Subramanyar of Enkan. We can able to see the same pattern of Subramanyar in all these three temples.

Sannadhis for Sri Dhakshinamurthy, Natarajar Sivakami, Kasi Viswanathar, Bhairavar, Arunachaleswarar are also found.

The theerthams here are Nethra (Eye) Pushkarini, Saravana Poigai, Vriddha Cauvery, Brahma Theertham and Kumara Theertham.

The annual Brahmotsavam is celebrated during the month of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">Thai.</st1:country-region></st1:place> Skanda Sashti is celebrated in the tamil month of Iyppasi. Maasi Magam, Vaikasi Vishakam, Kartikai Deepam Utsavam, Arudra Dharisanam and Aadi Pooram are some of the other utsavams performed in this temple.

Legend has it that the four faced Bhrama with 8 eyes (Enn Kann) worshipped Shiva here, hence the name Enn Kann. The shrine to Bhramapureeswarar is associated with Saint Appar.

There is another interesting legend associated with this shrine. The sculptor who made the Subramanyar image of Sikkal was awe struck by its quality that he vowed that no other such image should be made, and cut off his right thumb.

He was then prompted by Subramanyar in a dream, to fashion another image for the shrine at Ettukkudi. He followed the instructions in his dream, and when the image was complete, blinded himself so that he could not create images any more.

Another dream prompted him to create a third image of Skanda mounted on a peacock with the aid of a woman, when his chisel inflicted injury upon her; the blood that gushed forth splashed over his eyes, and in a flash he recovered his eyesight miraculously, and in a spate of poetry revered Skanda. The first phrase that he uttered upon recovering his eyesight was 'En Kann' - hence the name of the temple.

A beautiful image of Shanmukhar adorns the Shanmukhanathar Deva Sabha. The image with 6 faces is intricately carved. There are small holes in each of the 12 ears, with provision for decoration with ear rings.

The sancta to Bhramapureeswarar and Bhramanayaki are east facing ones. The Shanmukhanathar Deva Sabha is located behind these, facing south. There are also shrines to Dakshinamurthy, Natarajar Sivakami, Kasi Viswanathar, Bhairavar, Arunachaleswarar and other deities here.

1 person likes this.
  10. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anu, thrilled to read . very useful information to all who wants to have darshan of Aaru Padai Veedu. Thaandikudi is also one of the Murugans temple in Maduria District. wherever there is a hill Muruga will be there. It is a beautiful hill temple surrounded by lot of trees and falls. thanks for sharing valuable information with all of us.