1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aamir Khan - Kiran Rao....Blessed with Baby Boy!!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by rkgurbani, Dec 5, 2011.

1. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Great news!!! Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao have been blessed with a baby boy.

I too was a bit taken aback by this news as never heard of Kiran Rao's pregnancy. But just saw in the news that the chikd was born through IVF to a surrogate mother. The baby boy was born on Dec. 1st at a private clinic in Mumbai.

Here's wishing the baby boy good luck and happiness and congratulations....Aamir and Kiran!!!

1 person likes this.

Similar Threads
    1. Thoughtful
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. slowmusic
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. FromMars
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Great news!!!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Appreciate that they are open and truthful about IVF & surrogacy.
    Remember that Kiran had lost her baby when she had miscarriage during 3 / 5th month of pregnancy.
    Saw her recent pictures & she never looked preg:) and was confused when I saw the thread .

4. puni88

Aamir Khan and Kiran Rao were blessed with a baby boy on 1 December, 2011. December seems to be “their” month as the couple had wed in the same month in Panchgani in 2005 and it bodes well for Aamir professionally too, with many of his films in recent times released in December (3 Idiots, Ghajini, Taare Zameen Par) turning into gigantic money spinners.
    The new parents sent out a letter to their friends and family, which stated the joyous news and read thus:
    “Due to medical complications, we were advised to go for IVF-Surrogacy. We are absolutely delighted. This baby is very dear to us as we’ve got him after a lot of difficulty. We are so happy and would like to thank all our well wishers.”
    [​IMG] Aamir Khan and his wife Rao arrive at the red carpet for the opening US movie 'True Grit' at the 61st Berlinale International Film Festival in Berlin. Reuters

The couple had earlier suffered a tragic loss when they lost their first baby in 2009. Aamir had then written on his blog, on 12 August, 2009, titled, I will be away for a while.
    “I have bad news folks. Kiran and I lost our baby. Despite our best efforts we were unable to avert a miscarriage. The last 2 months have been a struggle for us and that is one of the reasons I was absent from the blog in more ways than one. K and I need time to heal. I will be away for a while. Love.”
    Congratulations to the couple for the new addition to their family. Aamir is already a father to two kids, a boy Junaid and a girl Ira from his first marriage to Reena Dutta, but it is Kiran’s first baby.
    Aamir certainly knows how to keep his personal life private in a time where every breath a star takes weighs heavy on the 140 characters on Twitter and floods newsfeeds with the mundane and the blah.
    The news came as a happy surprise to everyone, given the oft abused term “breaking news” a definite spin. His close friends in the film business are as surprised by the happy tidings as his fans, but it’s good to know that “All izz well” in the Khan household.
    The 5 questions that are going through everyone’s mind right now are:
    1. How did Aamir Khan manage to keep this a secret all along? We understand it’s personal, but how did he manage to keep it so quiet?
    2. Who does the little boy look like and what do they plan to name him?
    3. Why did they announce the joyous news five days after the baby’s birth?
    4. Did the surrogate mother know whose baby she was carrying?
    5. At the party at the Taj Mahal Palace and Tower to felicitate Tom Cruise on Saturday evening, Aamir attended the party sans Kiran, was he not tempted even once to share his joy with his friends at the do?

3 people like this.
  5. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

difference between Big B and Aamir

3 people like this.
  6. rkgurbani

Actually, this news has been a surprise to everybody. The way Aamir Khan has managed to keep this news under wraps in totally amazing and yes, after all it is his life and would have decided to keep it private unlike the other
    stars whose simplest and normal activities cause a flutter everywhere.

Anyway, cheers to the couple and welcome the new baby!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations to Aamir and Kiran! This is definitely a surprise- a pleasant surprise indeed. At a time when aging grandfathers seems to criticize the media for not giving them privacy and yet can't seem to stop gushing and creating news about their new born grandchild at every oppurtunity they get, here is a person who knew what "privacy" really means and how he can maintain it if he wants too.

Kudos to Aamir and Kiran! May God bless you guys and the new born baby! :)

6 people like this.
  8. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

First when I learnt that Amir Khan kept the pregnancy silent, I thought that Big B has ruined it for everyone. But Amir came out as a Big person here!

It is heartening to see public figures admitting the fertility problems and being open about IVF. This will definitely kill the myths that public have on fertility issues and the treatments. Especially in India we literally see the movie stars as role models and get emotionally attached to them. They being open about the treatments, definitely will be an eye opener for ignorant people, and they will learn that ANYBODY can have these issues and its not the couples' or anybody's fault, and then we DO have remedy for it...

Hearty Congratulations for the couple and I wish the family all the best...

4 people like this.
  9. puni88

Rightly said.
    But unfortunately in our country, few people are so narrow minded they commented this baby as 'Half baby'.
    Felt so bad hearing this.

Today, Amir baby's IVF & surrogacy made India to look into surrogacy law itseems.
    I really feel sorry when somebody is truthful and open like him, instead of appreciating, they are creating problems to him.

10. rkgurbani

Yes indeed....being very open to IVF and surrogacy still has a long way to go in our country specially as most traditions and communities are very particular about the lineage of the child.

Personally feel, that a child is all yours as long as you have accepted him/her however he is and then the society in turn will have to just keep its mouth shut.

Every problem has a solution....similarly an issue like infertility too can be overcome and allow every woman to experiance motherhood.

Three Cheers to the Couple!!!

2 people like this.