1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aai ( Mother)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

If you believe this thought came from you carrying guilt in your mind, please eliminate that immediately. You have taken very good care of her until her end of life and I know that and you know that well. Because generally dialogues in a movie connects with emotions embedded in your thoughts.

Memory and thinking depend on the transmission of signals across 100 billion neurons in the brain. The clumps of a protein called beta-amyloid fragments stick together to form plaque. These sticky clusters interrupt signals between synapses. Synapses are the spaces between nerve cells where information passes from one cell to another.AD interferes with this cell signal transmission. It also affects the activity of brain chemicals called neurotransmitters. The scrambled chemistry produces flawed signaling, so the brain’s messages are lost. This impacts the ability to learn, remember, and communicate.

Your mother was in thoughtless state by communication failure inside the brain. At this stage, she perhaps had no desires or attachments which are two principles that bind us to this planet. She must have thoroughly enjoyed the personality without a label but may not have intellectually recognized the value of it. Let us both pray for her to experience the full value of it as she is in a better place now.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello::hello:the thought process from its genesis to the end succinctly stands explained . Thank you.
    I heard of short and long memories do something with synapses (NAP had come from this) . Now I understand the connection between chemical and physical).
    Regards.

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

As Viswa has mentioned you have taken very good care of your mom. She will be blessing you from wherever she is. Glad I got an opportunity to see her and stay in your house. She looked so dignified

My co sis in law also was a working woman transferred to Pune ,her family being here. Don't know whether she lost her memory due to depression in a week's time she died during the the time when we had flood in Mumbai . Her daughter's marriage was fixed. After engagement in May asked me also to come with me to them to buy sarees for marriage in Salem .She asked me to select saree from the place where they were making the sarees. I selected the saree from that place which was just woven .Whenever I see the saree her thoughts come to my mind. Its now 13yrs since she died

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

As Viswa has mentioned you have taken very good care of your mom. She will be blessing you from wherever she is. Glad I got an opportunity to see her and stay in your house.

My co sis in law also was a working woman transferred to Pune ,her family being here. Don't know whether she lost her memory and in a week's time she died during the the time when we had flood in Mumbai . Her daughter's marriage was fixed. After engagement in May asked me also to come with me to them to buy sarees for marriage in Salem .She asked me to select saree from the place where they were making the sarees. I selected the saree from that place which was just woven .Whenever I see the saree her thoughts come to my mind. Its now 13yrs since she died

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

She sounds so sweet, Syamala! Your friend is also lucky that her mom is calm and serene and does not get violent. At the home I saw many who were like that. It was obvious that their minds were working actively, though not 'rationally'. Compared to that then, your friend's mom and my mom seem to be in a blissed out state. Bless their souls. It probably is an indication of the kind of people they are/were because the same state continues in this condition. No violent, angry thoughts ..... just being.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  6. satchitananda

So true, CS. It is true of each of us, but we do not think of it that way until something comes along to din it into our skulls .... like for me the sight of my mom was what entrenched the meaning into my head.

As for life taking things away from us .... well, that is not the exclusive preserve of old age. Younger people also lose many precious things (parents, limbs, health .....). At the macro level, probably we start dying out (in terms of strength, fitness etc. at a later age, but if seen at the micro level, right from the stage when we are babies, not the entire body/organs, but millions of cells keep dying and being regenerated every day. That is a death of a kind, and in a few years time, we are not the same individuals we were if seen at the cellular level.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. satchitananda

That is really very kid of both of you, Vijima. But I just wish I had been capable of more.

8. satchitananda

I hope so too, Viswa. What bothers us is really because of their inablility to communicate how or what they are thinking/feeling. So we are left to wonder, hope and pray that they are not suffering inside. This same feeling plagued me when dad lay in a coma for a month before he passed on. And yes, I pray both my parents are free of this cycle now.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I totally agree Satchi. When my mum died when she was 94, I cried buckets and I was 66 then. People were looking at me sorrowfully (perhaps with concealed amusement within). A highly evolved soul like Gandhari could not contain her grief when all her 100 sons were killed in war. She cursed Krishna that he would suffer a similar fate and his entire kith and klan would be wiped out.
    When death strikes someone close to us we suffer uncontrolled agony. If it is death of someone not known to us, we just wait for the body to go across and we drive on for our daily chore.

10. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Very touching snippet. It is very difficult to say what is the state of bless even for a person suffering from Alzheimer because it is he or she who knows and others know not. What is going on in their mind is also a mystry. They do have physical needs. There has been cases of abandoned persons suffering from this hopeless disease.
    What is important and has touched me that it reminded you of your mother and her last days. Not that she is not in your mind but that you could see it differently and console yourself.
    I don't think we should worry about the dear dead. They are happy wherever they are, may be watching us. We will not be able to forget them but worry is not and should not be on the agenda. We did whatever we could within our control. We can feel guilty only when we did not do that.

satchitananda likes this.