1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aai ( Mother)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 26, 2019.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

:fearscream:
    :roflmao:

satchitananda likes this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot CS and sorry for all the confusion and trouble.

3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Satchi @satchitananda ,

I saw the trailer now and it seems like a great film. Hope you don't mind me posting the trailer.

4. satchitananda

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Connecting and relating your "Ma" to fictional character's dialogue in short film itself is delightful and tear gathering.
    2. Thanks for the question which you had answered yourself. We live with parents during their last leg of the journey in their worn out attire seeking newer one. Yes Atma Swaroop.
    3. Reading the note from loneliness about loneliness and realise we are not - is another interesting way to overcome ennui.
    4. Kudos to your thread that will have global reach kindling the HUMANITY to seek what form of blessings from departed ma and pa too.
    Regards.
    GOD BLESS US through our parents too.

6. satchitananda

Thanks a lot sir. Yes, anything to do with Alzheimer's takes me back to painful times. When I used to see my mom shrunk to less than 40 kgs, looking like a little vulnerable bird, I was seeing a real picture of 'vasyamsi jeernani yatha vihaya ....'. It felt literally like she needed a new body. This is perhaps the only thing from our scriptures that I have witnessed, EXPERIENCED and understood very well.

GeetaKashyap, jskls and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello:very well quoted in Sanskrit . Thanks.
    Regards.

8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    I have a friend whose mother is afflicted with Alzeimers. She is 85 or so. No physical pain. But her mind is not with us. As you said a sort of "Bliss". Does not recognise even her daughter who takes care of her. Familiar smile is there though.
    Yes. Many questions in mind though no answers. No joys, no sorrows, no mine and on and on. Whenever I visit her she is with a Telugu paper in hand. Her daughter says she used to read Telugu paper from first to last page. Now she just looks into paper but whether she reads or not or understands... nobody knows. She was serving her food one day and her comment is "Why do you cook for me daily? I would cook from tomorrow." my friend replies "OK. You cook my favourite dish tomorrow." same dialogue daily.
    I go... She smiles at me with a serene face. It is four years and she is the same. She stays with my friend and if she has to go somewhere her sister who stays closeby comes and stays with her.
    Syamala

9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@satchitananda
    My dear satchi
    That is very true not because God has uttered it but because we see it happening in our own lives. Take me for example. Before I was struck down by a stroke, I used to hammer my new posts and responses at great speed though with one finger. Now my system is slowing down. With just one eye, I cannot see things in their true perspective. With a mind numbed by the stroke, my thought process has slowed down. I realize it's all part of the game. I remember how I used to respond to OJ with longer FBs than his OPs. Life gives us something at every stage. It is wrong to assume that as life taking something away from us as we grow older. Even great men like Ramanujam ceased to exist but his thoughts are still engaging the minds of a million. That's how life has to be lived.
    Sri

10. Thyagarajan

That teminds me Ramajunam and his Goddess Namagiri revealing number theories to former in his dreams .
    2. Every time I insert in ATM for cash i was using number 1729 and the car with this number for its registration . Lovers of maths know the significance. ( only number between 1000 and 10000 that can be expressed in two ways as cubes of two other numbers 9cubed+10 cubed and 12 cubed + 1 cubed ).
    3. On a scale 1 to 10 as age increases mind gets corrupted in some linear proportion but at one stage when it begins seeking the TRUTH - the ultimate source from where one originated commences spiritual attainment.
    Thanks and regards.
    GOD BLESS proportionately in the beginning and later exponentially (via a visit to prestigious hospital where invariably passport to heaven issued) as the soul gets tired of resting in the body under severe wear and tear.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    satchitananda, GeetaKashyap and jskls like this.