Aadi Shopping

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Madrasmami, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Madrasmami

Madrasmami New IL'ite

Hi friends,
    Chennai is going wild with Aadi discounts. All the shops are crowded with people and fabulous discounts are offered in just about any shop. All Chennaites are heading to T.Nagar, the shopping hub. By the way I also purchased 2 sarees and an embroidered shalwar.
    bye.

2. nirupama

nirupama New IL'ite

Very true...

It is only in the last 2 - 3 years I am noticing shops, especially clothing stores are offering so much discounts. People are also crazy shopping during Aadi month.

There is a belief atleast among the hindus, that Aadi month is not auspicious for any good functions or events like engagement, marriage, house warming, etc. But I am surprised how come people shop for such events during this month :confused:

3. rohini

rohini New IL'ite

Shopping among the crowd!

Hi,

I was in India last year during aadi shopping season. I went to shop in T.Nagar and saw shops like Pothys, Chennai Silks and Kumaran stores crowded like mad. It was shopping among the crowd. However that was a different kind of fun all together!

Nirupama,

What you said is true about the belief about aadi not so auspicious. Probably that's the reason it has been dedicated to shop, save and store for the auspicious months coming by.

I heard these days even jewellery shops and home appliances stores are offering aadi discounts!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Aishwarya kolangal saree

Hi Madrasmami and others,

I read i Chennaionline that ladies in MAdras wore the Aishwarya Kolangal saree for Navartri this year.

Can anyone tell mw more abt this saree and where I can buy one in Madras?

Cheers
    Vidya

5. nirupama

nirupama New IL'ite

RMKV silks

Hi Vidya,

Aishwarya kolangal sarees are silk(pattu) sarees - the pallu of which contains huge kolams in it. There are also Mana kolam and Kubera Kolam sarees among the same variety.

It is sold in RMKV silks in Chennai. They also have a shop in Tirunelveli(S. TamilNadu).

Happy shopping!

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Nirupama

Thanks Nirupama. I wonder what is the latest trend among cotton, Kanchi sarees in Chennai? Am trying to buy for my MIL.

Happy Deepavali.

love & regards
    Vidya