Aadi Sale 2010

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Cindhuja, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi sundari

thanks for stepping in and sharing about the salwar section in pothys..hope many make use of it :thumbsup

do step in often and contribute more..:hiya

2. samarsundari

samarsundari Bronze IL'ite

3. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Naan indha pakkame varala saami...trying to resist my temptations....idhu varaikum nalla pulaiya irrukken...eppo maruvennu ennake theriyadhu.:hide:

Want to be a silent reader-only of this thread..u made me make my 1st entry...lets c.

4. Santhoshi

Santhoshi New IL'ite

Hi Cindhu,

Good news and thread.... being in chennai for 3years never visited pothys to purchase :( Only once went to chennai silks. i am tempted but my DH will shut his purse and puts a budget if i go or talk about shopping and also don't like crowd... Have a long long list to shop. :coffee

Above all Stitching is a big problem for me...

Levis showroom in velachery has put sale of 50%.... Also Big bazaar.

U people enjoy the shopping and post the photos atleast to cool my eyes. Hope i will convince my DH this time...

Have a cool monsoon shopping in Chennai

5. Mythily

Mythily Senior IL'ite

Big Bazaar is now at Express Avenue Mall...There are many offers on Ladies,kids and men's wear...yet another reason to go to the mall....:crazy

6. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

:rotflPaarkalaam paarkalaam..
    gals come on start shopping and displaying the collections..shubini will sure get back :thumbsup

@mythi,

I am not satisfied with the quality of big bazaar garments..the color fades or the fabric becomes dull after 2 washes..so never fall for those 250/- 350/- ranged salwars unless and until they are branded

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  7. Mythily

Mythily Senior IL'ite

@Cindhu

I'm not satisfied with anything at BB except for the provisions and some kitchen articles....and garments are the worst part....you will never feel like picking a single garment..

Just thought of posting as it may interest some people :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Rightly said Mythi..cant compromise quality for cost

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Aadi sale...

I did all my shopping when V was here last month..and i bought sarees for myself after 12 years..(niece marriage)-

chennai silks was ok. rasi nanganallur, 1-1 attention.

RMKV sent me invitation for the discount sale..(i think it is some anniversary discount..)

Westside had a recent discount and this time the collection was not sooooo great...

on bigbazar : I was told by my cousin not to buy provisions from them..quality is too bad.. and also some complaints..not sure..

10. shubini

shubini Silver IL'ite

Cindhuja,

I am in Chennai for the past 2.5 yrs and has never been to Pothy's or Chennai Silks.....or that matter any of the tnagar shops...have visited only bobby n chinthamani till date....will u believe this :idea

Somehow afraid of the crowd and distance from my place. I have seen the aadi crowd in Trichy.....its enromous.....trichy laiya appadina tnagar eppadi irrukkum enru oru feeling.

Planning a Trichy Trip in the 1st week of August...will definitely shop there...Nalli n Chennai Silks r on my list.

Chennai la.....Planning to go to Chennai Trade Center next week....fingers crossed.