1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aadi Masam for newly wedded couples :-(

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by bhucat, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Shanvy, Bhucat and Monifa,

You are all right and I stand corrected on my statement. I think primary reason is beginning of Dhakshanayam and April-May being hottest month, it is difficult to delivery babies. Then it makes sense. I respect the reason.

As I said, I don't believe in all these superstitions about stars. I am against anyone using the birth star and birth month against the child. I have heard it time and again from my very young age people talking about birth of a male child in Chithirai masam with birth star of Chithirai as bad. My cousin was born in Chithirai Natchatiram and with Chithirai Star. His father is leading a very good life. I wrote my earlier comments only to support expectant mothers who are expected to deliver a baby in April 2012 and not to spread superstitious beliefs. I am sorry if I had given that impression.

Monifa, just to clarify, the superstitious belief I heard was only for boys born in Chithirai Natchithram during Chithirai masam not for girls. This confusion is because I said in my first response as a child instead of male child.

Viswa

2. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

i donno but there are good number of infertility clinics running full even during aadi maasam or is it that natural conception is avoided during Aadi, all ART can be done

:bonk

3. Dancer

Dancer Silver IL'ite

@periamma: Oh, I didn't know that husband and wife were expected to follow it on other years too. Anyway as times are changing, I am not sure how relevant it would be now. For example, if the couple is staying in a place where April-May is not that hot? May be heat is not the only reason for this rule, but we can't come to a decision without knowing all factors.

Thank you for the response :)

4. Dancer

Dancer Silver IL'ite

@Shanvy: Read your blog. Even I am interested in finding out why our ancestors followed certain customs - for example, things like wearing bangles or mangalsutra. I don't follow all traditions, but I hope to slowly bring into my life the traditions which make sense to me.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  5. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi Monifa

Well said. I too a Chitra star and never had thought that I brought bad luck to my dad instead I have been the pet of my father. He literally cried when he did kanya dhan for me....... which he did not do for my sisters. That of course does not mean he did not love them.

My niece is born on April 20th in Chitra month. There are many whom I know are born in Chitra. And this rule is applicable for tamilians I guess and no one else follows...... so how the luck part affects them.

Best Regards
    Shanti

1 person likes this.
  6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

I respect old rules and regulations (Yes I prefer to call it that way) as long as they are logical and have benefits to the current time and age. We can't just blindfold our mind and eyes and follow what everyone's say. To me a person following somethings should be aware of why they are doing it and be answerable when younger generations ask the reasons. You can't shut them off as "How dare you question such things" just because you don't have an answer ;-)

Now coming to this. I agree it is quite hard to manage a new born and the mommy during that time though now we have AC still in India not many are blessed with such luxury. But the question is why only for newly weds? I think the Answer is when you are newly wed, you just be all over all the time ;-) May be once settled down and eventually (After the honeymoon phase fades and reality kicks in) you know to be cautious I think !

2 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Monifa dear in our family also there are many who are born in Chitra month, my daughter also born in Chitra month only. According to her horoscope wherever she is she brings luck.

2 people like this.
  8. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

Bhucat the Adi month separation was foolish I felt in those days ..since it is tradition whats wrong ....A child or first son born in chitra month that some particular days ..the father will be affected..so we cant make sure what day he will be born so why the risk............another thing sweating etc..not conducive---- for health at that time ....

9. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

My Father was the eldest in his family born in chitirai month .... their family such a well off family was completely ruined but it does not affect the child he will come up in hi life ............ some stances likes this ...and the name stuck....now there are so many methods of birthcontrol so why the fuss..