1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A word of encouragement

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by bhuvanaa2005, Jun 17, 2011.

1. bhuvanaa2005

bhuvanaa2005 Junior IL'ite

It was Friday evening and Kens's friend invited him for dinner. The meal was excellent but for the dessert - Apple pie. It just didn’t measure up to the rest of the meal. Just when people were starting to realize that, Ken started complementing the apple pie. With the evening coming to an end, everything went on well.

A few weeks later, when he visited his friends home again, he was glad to see that the hostess topped off the meal with a cherry pie that was absolutely delicious. After the sumptuous meal, he quietly smiled without much words of praise. The hostess finally blurted out "The last time you were here ,I served a pie that I was ashamed of, yet you were very complimentary. Tonight I’ve given you what I think is the best pie I've ever made, and you haven’t said a word”.

Ken smiled and replied "The cherry Pie tonight was fantastic and needed no appreciation for it showed on people’s faces; but the apple pie you served last time was not as good as this one. But the first one needed some encouragement!"

So is life; we come across people who needs more encouragement than others not because they are the best, but because they need someone to show them that they can be the best.

No matter how imperfect a person may seem, with some imagination, we can always find something commendable to praise.

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful message dear bhuvanaa :)

Very nice !!!!!!

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after a success " Anonymous.

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Thats a nice one Bhuvanaa. Glad to read. Thanks. -rgs

4. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Bhu,

Again one more excellent blog from you dear. Yes Encouragement will bring a very good result always which inturn
    make a person to be more innovative.

5. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

It was really a nice one,so true that encouragement brings success...

6. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

ya well said, bhuvanaa

cheers
    suresh

7. cheerful

cheerful Bronze IL'ite

"we come across people who needs more encouragement than others not because they are the best, but because they need someone to show them that they can be the best."

totally agree..sometimes a little encouragement can make wonders..I wish if everyone had someone to do that.....I love your post...

8. cheerful

cheerful Bronze IL'ite

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after a success " Anonymous...

I liked this quote from Sunitha too