1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Woman, Whether To Be Proud Or Fear

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by ganges, Feb 11, 2011.

1. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

A recent incident in kerala made me to title like this. A young girl got brutelly killed just because she was a female. The girl with all her dreams was travelling by train towards her home town on that fateful day. An alliance has been fixed and the boys people were about to see her on the next day. Just a station before her home town the girl was all alone in the compartment and was attacked by the killer. Nobody knows exactly what happened but found the girl with lots of wounds and damages in her body. she was in coma for a few days finally succumbed her injuries.

Eventhough the police caught the culprit, it is not going to be the end of such incidents. Is that such people are not having any female members in their family ? Why these people are having different attitude towards other females.

Is it correct to say that we got freedom until a woman feel safe to travel alone at any time of the day. Our freedom fighters fought against the British and made our Bharath matha free. Now who is there to free we women from the hands of such brutes ?

2. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Yeah it is true. Night or day, we have to travel with fear in our hearts.

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

ganges,

it is upto us women to organize ourselves and start fighting for the rights for women. but before that happens, we have to learn to stand up for ourselves.

4. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear Malti,

I am sure all women will wish for that day to come.

ganges

5. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear satchithananda,

It is true that we have to organize ourselves , fight for us and stand for us. But the government should also look into that. Severe punishment in public may help to a certain extend.

ganges

6. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

hi
    it is really sad

A nation where women cannot feel secure
    is indeed a sick nation

warm regards
    suresh

7. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

oh thats indeed true.... we can speak hours and hours about how great women are... but until every last sick minded bast**d comes clear, there is no safety for woman...

oh the h**l with some stranger... nowadays women are cheated by their own husband.... how many stories we are reading that women are married and their parents are happily getting their daughters married to some NRI, and they hurt the woman there in some foreign country??? There was an documentary in Vijay TV few days back, where they showed a woman, whose husband just pushed her outside of the car which was travelling 70 miles / hr... the parents got their girl back, like a walking-vegetable...

haha... woman...... are called as Bharat matha, Goddess... hahahahahahahaha.... Its all one big JOKE!

8. jaishvats

jaishvats Bronze IL'ite

hi all

I agree that there are a hell a lot of cases where women are abused...But not just Indian women...Every country in the world would have some story or the other of women not getting the treatment they deserve,...

But our country has come leaps and bounds with respect to its womenfolk....I belong to India and I could study, build my own career, choose my own life partner...Todays Indian woman is way ahead compared to her predessors and we need to consider that and walk with our heads held high,,...

9. Ridha

Ridha Senior IL'ite

hi,
    it was very sad....when i saw the culprit on tv i just felt like stabbing him....nd what railway said abt it was disgusting......ladies shud b more careful ,shud change the compt if its empty blah blah......nd a 3lac to her family is not the solution....

10. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

That was a shocking incident. Yes the frequency of these things have increased and the response from the government or even public is appalling.

I guess, it is in our hands now. We should stop being victims and try to defend ourselves. Enough of being in 'that vulnerable thing' status.