1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Really inspiring!!! I wish to be the exact:)

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@shivachoubey i know you log in on and off. i wanted you to tell you that people ask me where is that tummy you grumble about. arre i know it is there, but they can't find it when i wear a saree..i believe the inches have reduced. i added a pic that a cousin had taken to proove it to me.silly..but thanks love for motivating me through the ups and downs..and felt a lot of happiness hearing the surprised, OMG you have lost so much weight from people...

4 people like this.
  3. kt29

kt29 Junior IL'ite

Hi Shiva/

Read your blog and success story. It is very inspirational and amazing. Iam also on weight loss journey. Hope will achieve it . Thanks a lot for your lovely blog
    Love
    Regards
    Kirti

1 person likes this.
  4. Lakshmiabirami

Lakshmiabirami New IL'ite

hi friends , this is lakshmi here, my age is 36 and am having hypo thyroid, my current weight is 90 kgs any one suggest me to loss weight pl...

5. deepideepi

deepideepi Silver IL'ite

Dear siva,
    I m on my way to weight loss. I have loose 2.2 kg in one month. I m counting my calorie intake through myfitnesspal app and doing 1 hour morning walk for about 12min/km. My daily food intake are-:

1 glass of water followed by half cup of coffee before walk
    1 hour walk
    After 30 min onr glass of cow milk with womens horlicks no sugar
    After 2 hour one bowl carrot and cucumber mixed(plain)+2 plain chapati+ vegetable curry.
    After 30 min one mug green tea
    After three hour about 15 pcs raw almonds.
    After one hour one chapati with one bowl curry + half bowl dal
    After 30 min a mug of green tea
    After 2 or 3 hour 1cup of coffee + half khakhra
    After 3 hour a cup of tea.
    After one hour one chapati with a bowl of vegetable curry
    After 30 min a mug of green tea.
    And once a week is a cheat day.
    What do u think about my diet? Do i need to do any changes? I can't control eating chicken. What should i do to stop myself eating chicken?

6. IshAsokan

IshAsokan New IL'ite

Great thread for inspiration!

7. Itsmesana

Itsmesana New IL'ite

Hi shiva,
    Hope you are doing good.your weight loss is very inspired me.I would like to reduce my weight.can you help me?
    Let me tell you about myself.I have two children.one is 5 year old and another one is 7 weeks old.The two deliveries were c-section.I am giving breast milk to my 7 week old son. Dr advised me that i can start pelvic floor exercise.

I weighed 94kg and my height is 166.7 cm. I stopped to eat junk food and I started to exercise 30 mts in elliptical trainer with low intensity.But my drawback is eating a lot of foods i.e if idli means 6 to 7,chapathi means 5,daliya means large quantity.I scared that if i have less quantity of food,my breast milk would not enough to my son.

I am in abroad.so I am only taking care of both kids.can you help to reduce weight?

My concern is, if i reduce the quantity of food,would it reduce the supply of breastmilk?

8. Itsmesana

Itsmesana New IL'ite

Hi shiva,
    Hope you are doing good.your weight loss is very inspired me.I would like to reduce my weight.can you help me?
    Let me tell you about myself.I have two children.one is 5 year old and another one is 7 weeks old.The two deliveries were c-section.I am giving breast milk to my 7 week old son. Dr advised me that i can start pelvic floor exercise.

I weighed 94kg and my height is 166.7 cm. I stopped to eat junk food and I started to exercise 30 mts in elliptical trainer with low intensity.But my drawback is eating a lot of foods i.e if idli means 6 to 7,chapathi means 5,daliya means large quantity.I scared that if i have less quantity of food,my breast milk would not enough to my son.

I am in abroad.so I am only taking care of both kids.can you help to reduce weight?

My concern is, if i reduce the quantity of food,would it reduce the supply of breastmilk?

Regards,
    Sana

9. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sana,

I am doing good. Congratulations for your little one.

Here are few points to ponder

1. You are a new mother and that too a mother of two kids. Swear to god, my one child drives me up the wall so with two it must be really taxing on you. Please understand that need for you by your kids , physically, emotionally and mentally is great. So don't push too hard on yourself. Take one step at a time.

2. 94 kilos is in the overweight category and its best to control any further weight gain. If you can, then please do consult a nutritionist who can tell you how much calories a feeding mother needs and who can advise you on weight loss.

3. I can tell you only by my experience. When I was a new mother, I used to feel crazy hungry all the time.

A) Idlies are very soft and easy to digest. Stick to 4 idlies and have lots of sambhar with vegetables. I always make sambhar like a veggie soups i.e loaded with veggies. Use bottle gourd, beans, cauliflower etc to fill your stomach.

B) Have 2 Roties and make them nutritive by adding multigrain flour and handful of oats. A full side plate of salad is a must with your lunch, also a thin raita of cucumber or boiled bottle gourd.

C) Please educate yourself on potion size. 1 roti is one potion, if you have 5 roties you are having 5 potions. One potion is for one person. We should at the most limit ourselves to 1-2 potions.

D) Weigh one cup daliya, and make it with lots of veggies. Ideally, half cup is the potion size for daliya/rice. So try making half cup daliya with lots of vegetables. And accompany it with raita/daal.

4. A feeding mother need extra calories but not too much. Why don't you make slight changes and see if your supply decrease.

5. Never ever be hungry, always keep things handy. I always keep sprouted moong in my fridge. In time of hunger between meals, you can microwave it for 1 minute, throw it with some puffed rice and make bhel out of it and eat.

I think few small changes in your diet will go long way.

I wish you all the best. Take care of your self and slowly but surely win the race.

rmpriya, PinkRubies and Shanvy like this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@shivachoubey buddy long time..when i got the alert i had to peep here..how are you doing. i am sure p is keeping you on your toes..me just dragging by..so happy to see you..

i am still actively monitoring my food for health quotient and am walking around..