1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sahitaj,

Glad that my blog helped you with weight loss. Thanks for your appreciation.

You can maintain weight by

1. Eating correctly - If you eat correctly then 80 -90 % of your weight concern is taken care of. Sometimes its not possible to exercise, so concentrate on your diet. See what healthy food you get in your hostel and stick to it. People gain weight by gorging on obvious high calorie food.

2. Try to walk - Sitting for 12- 15 hours is not at all good for your health. So if possible go for a walk. Whenever I am on vacation where workingout is not possible, I try to walk as much as possible.

In my 5 years of weight loss journey, eating properly and walking works absolutely fine for weight maintenance. I love to walk while listening to music, it refreshes me and for me it is a break from routine. See if walking working for you as well.

If you are absolutely not able to walk then concentrate completely on what you are eating.

1. Keep a bottle of water and keep sipping.

2. Always eat at an interval of two hours.

3. Keep apples, cucumbers etc, so that if hunger goes out of control then you can eat these. Remember, if you are really hungry you will eat such stuff else its just a craving.

4. Don't ever stock on namkeens or any other junk food. In between study hunger has to be curb with healthy low calorie stuff.

Hope this helps

regards

4 people like this.
  2. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Hey congratulations! There are many tips in this thread , read them!! Have a great life ahead!

3. sahityaj

sahityaj Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot shiva. I would definitely follow the tips . If you haven't mentioned about namkeen, i would have definitely stock up on namkeen and also karachi biscuits. Is it ok if i stock up on goody bag mix which you mentioned? But i dont like murmura much so can i make it with thin poha which is called chuduwa? There will not be any refrigerator in the hostel how can i store apples and cucumbers there? Sorry for stupod questions. Am really worried about wt gain.

1 person likes this.
  4. AKJ

AKJ Senior IL'ite

Hi shiva
    I have started with the project weight loss week 1.
    Hoping you still visit this thread to give us all the encouragement.

1 person likes this.
  5. UmaSathiya

UmaSathiya New IL'ite

Hi Shiva

i have read your blog. I have tried weight loss many times but failed in the middle.I am a mother of a single child. Currently i am weight 77 kgs. I want to reduce 10 kgs. i have planned to substitue cracked wheat instead of rice and i am planning to do workouts in the morning.Will be happy to hear from you.

Regards
    UmaSathiya

6. Nidhi2014

Nidhi2014 Silver IL'ite

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum (had posted my one of the first posts in August), I delivered a baby in May and by August I was 83.3 kgs. Due to little bit of diet and walk here and there, not regular, and mostly breasfeeding I have managed to lose few kgs. I am now 75.2 kgs. My ideal weight is 55 kgs!!!!

I think it's going to be slow weight loss now as I am not feeding baby as frequently, we have started him on lil solids, and he does not take my milk in the evening time. Let's see how it goes. But the main reason I have posted here is to seek support and suggestions on one if most worrisome things I am facing currently:

i went for my annual physical exam recently and the physician found my right side of thyroid gland enlarged, which was of no new thing for me, I knew it is mildly enlarged as I was overweight. I have no symptoms whatsoever and my TSH is 1.1. I feel great except for the fact that my physician is making a big deal of nodules on it. Se is saying that it may be cancer!!!!! We have never heard of thyroid cancer throughout in our family and I feel they would push for thyroid removal. I am not even going for biopsy due to this because I know that thyroid removal people gain tons of weight. I am already overweight and thought of becoming obese is killing me. Anyone gone through this journey. Or any similar experience?

thanks

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

wow, amazing isn't it @rmpriya..how far we came thanks for that like which brought this up again for me..

and 2009 to now - hip i have lost around 15 inches..yet i am on a yo-yo there..want to reduce a few inches..but i don't think it easy anymore..

1 person likes this.
  8. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

@Shanvy : I have been reading this thread again last week .

This thread is a treasure :) . Thank you so much @shivachoubey .

2 people like this.
  9. anjali1997

anjali1997 Silver IL'ite

Hi girls,

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year.

- Anjali

1 person likes this.
  10. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Years are passing by.....but this thread has its own charm !! Going through the thread gives a new motivation and positive energy. This thread is in my bookmarks !!

3 people like this.