1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot Shan.

Happy New year to you and all at home.

Will keep in touch with you atleast here...:)

2. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lalitha,

Wishing you a very happy new year. Lots of love to you.

Sorry to hear about the injury. If its OK to go for walks then thats all you need to lose weight.

With weight loss there will always be desperation to lose more and also a fear that you will gain back whatever weight you lost. I have gone through this cycle and believe me, sooner you break the cycle better it is for you. This cycle will only lead to depression and nothing more.

Good. If possible make your target 1 kg loss in 1 month. Its a fairly attainable target and it will keep you motivated with results. I also have made a target for myself, 10 kg loss in 10 months. Slow weight loss is the best weight loss and I for sure am in no hurry, the world can always wait.

Lalitha, your health comes first and then comes weight loss. No weight loss is worth your health.

You have made remarkable progress and I have seen the difference in your pics.

SO concentrate on your diet, if possible go for walks and aim to lose not more than 1 kg a month and this year you will see the transformation.

By going slow on weight loss is not defeat. Its will require a consistent and persistent effort from your side.

And why do you fear that you will gain back the weight. The biggest thing in life is to believe in yourself, if you believe you will gain weight then you will AND if you believe you won't gain weight then you won't.

SO no more feeling low.

So what if you cannot go to the gym you can always walk.

If you cannot walk then you can always buy a small stepper and aim to complete 1500 steps a day. Its very small in size and you can sit on the sofa and do the steps.

If stepper doesn't work you can do yoga.

If yoga fails then you can lose weight following restricted diet.

In short there are lots of ways to figure out how to achieve weight loss. One out of many options will surely work for you.

Lots and lots of love and all the very best.

regards

2 people like this.
  3. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Shanvy,

A very happy new year to you my dear friend. God bless you and may all you dreams come true this year.

Lots of love

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

LS, i am with you here, let us take those baby steps together.. i can understand your frustation. I have been diagonised with onset of osteporosis and also have other complications..cannot have calcium supplements because of my kidney stones.. but life goes on..this should not stop us..

we need to be cheerful ..so be regular here, and i will motivate you and you can motivate me..

happy new year to you...

5. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear Shiva,

I knew you would never let me down.... :) and will always have a way out.

I went for walking as planned but did only for 30 min as it was the first day and wanted increase the same gradually. My diet will start again from tomorrow. Will follow the old routine of mid morning snack and high tea snack too as these were the things I never followed. And rice will also be out. I will weigh myself again tomorrow so that I know where I stand.

will keep you updated regularly and will report my weight next week.

Thanks buddy :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear Shan,

Sorry to note about the health issue. I knew my friends will never let me down. Yes we will crawl together and reach the target.

Thanks buddy will be regular here :-D

7. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shiva and friends,

Getting back to this thread is a very homely feeling. A very happy new year to all of you here. Have a healthy start in the new year. Make some healthy,small and realistic goals to achieve so that you dont get disappointed.Good luck to everyone.

1 person likes this.
  8. Lalitha Shivaguru

Dear Shiva,

I weighed myself today and lo I was down by 1 more kg without any effort. :-D

Shiva need few inputs.... if you have seen my photographs you might know that I am bottom heavy. I need to mainly reduce on my hips, butt, thighs and tummy. Is there any special exercise for these parts. Will only walking help to tone up these areas too? Kindly help please.

9. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear LS,

Welcome back, just because you cant exercise doesnt mean u have to give up. just be extra careful with what you eat and keep posting. Don't worry you have come this far you can do this

10. tasmiaasad

tasmiaasad New IL'ite

thanx guys for the motivation... i am trying to bring changes in my diet.
    just bought oat bran and wheat bran and wheatgerm to make a heathy roti. we are roti faimly once in a week i make rice.or when guest arrive..
    my most weak factor i am not a morning person especially with 2 years old and 2 months old, my first choice is to get rest..so my breakfast time is mostly 10 or 11 o clock.we usually dont eat proper lunch. just munch on different things.tea, fruits etc. i tried to do a proper lunch. but here in uk i dont like to eat roti at lunch time..so what is best thing to eat? without doing special cooking? is sandwich with beans salad is a good idea? what do you think. i just git my treadmill now. i am going to start walking on treadmill as its too cold outside. is stretching exercise is a good idea? i had a normal delivery with second degree stitches. i feel so heavy all the time that i cannot do aerobics or run. i feel tiredness and lazy i know it is because of my weight 112 kg with 5,4 is horrible. i want to take light start what to do you recommend? give me more suggestions do you take supplements like iron, etc i am also having hair loss. i think i need to take additional supplements...