1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. sandstar

sandstar Gold IL'ite

Dear all,

I was feeling depressed some time on thinking of my weight.. So wen i start reading the thread, i feel motivated. Even though I was bit motivated, I wanted some one to instruct to me specifically. Feeling childish!!! Still dono wat to do..
    My initial weight wen i started to be more cautious is 84 kgs in 5' 45'' height that was during the first week of Dec.
    I have got a fracture on my leg 2 months before and am not exercising or walking much these days. I have to wear in the cast for another 20 days.
    Now am purely looking forward to reduce my weight through food(am vegetarian) till I recover.

Things I follow these days,

• Eat a healthy breakfast including more fruits to it.
    • Drink 1.5 to 2 litres of water per day.
    • have fruits and vegetable salads as snacks.
    • early dinner and reduce the plate size of dinner.
    • include grains.
    Please help in understanding why I feel hungry some days very frequently and few days, I don't. Please push me and get me motivated more.
    Thanks in advance!!!

2. SHSK

SHSK Silver IL'ite

Dear PinkRubies
    Pl reply my yesterday's post,
    Awaiting for your valuable comments/advise
    SHSK

3. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear SHSK,

Sorry about the late reply:)

So your a good girl till you get home, at 7 you seem to get really hungry instead of eating junk, why not have a small meal at that time, one roti and veg and some protein. This will keep you satisfied and while your cooking make a soup for you, and while everyone eating dinner have the soup. As your about to leave from work or as soon as you get home have some fruits and nuts.

Also don't buy the junk food, if its not home you can't see it hence you can't eat it :)

4. PinkRubies

Dear Sandstar,

Don;t loose hope you are strong you can do this !!!

If you are feeling hungry is more protein like lentils, nuts and beans, snack on nuts with fruits, have yogurt and milk.

Eat food that you like don't deprive yourself of anything, Its okay only 20 more days after that you can start exercising, your not in a rush, take this slow and steady so the weight will be off for life.

5. sandstar

sandstar Gold IL'ite

Thanks Ruby for your motivation!!! Happy that I found all of you for my aspirations to get fulfilled...

6. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shiva,
    Wish you a Happy New Year ahead!!!

We are unlucky for not having you as moderator here...
    but, pls I request you to show your continuous support for people like me with more inspirations on the way.

My update for the month of december...

dec 1 st; 136 pounds.
    dec 31st: 131.5 pounds.lost 4.5 pounds;

I aimed for 130 pounds.I am stuck at this level for the past 1 week. Aiming to 127 pounds by january end. Let us see how it goes.
    Thank you for the support.

1 person likes this.
  7. PinkRubies

8. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridevi,

Wishing you a very happy new year.

I am always there to support you and all the ladies who are aiming for the weight loss.

You are doing very well, keep it up :).

Please feel free to write to me anytime.

Lots of love

9. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shiva,

Happy New Year to you and all here.

Hope you remember me dear. Though I have not been here for quite sumtime but you are always in my thoughts.

Let me briefly tell you as to wats happening at my end.

I had hurt my back of my heel and was diagonised as tendonitis and tried some physio sessions but nothing is helping me. Doctors advised rest and strictly no GYM :-( But my food intake has been very less and I am very careful about the same too. My weight remains the same as of last week.

Personally changed to a different job recently. Husband tranferred to Mumbai and me alone with kids managing home and office. Moved from joint family to nuclear so my hands are full with more and more of work only.

I was feeling very down as nothing was happening on my WL front and I started feeling more guilty about the same. To be frank I am worried that I may gain back too. My friend who also suffered from tendonitis advised me to use a silicone gel pad inside my shoes and try walking. Hence has decided to do the same from today night. My motivation is at a very low ebb because of the pain but still do not want to accept the defeat and at any cost want to win this WL challenge. I need all your help and motivation dear like before. If you are by my side I can definetly achieve it. I am right now keeping a target of 10 kgs by May end i.e. 2kgs per month. I hope to do the same dear.

The how are things at your end and how is your WL progressing. i understand you have been quite busy nowadays but please do find time to keep me motivated.... I know iam being selfish :)

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

LS welcome back.. hugs and get well soon..

shiva happy new year yaar...