1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vasuki,

I am not an expert on diet but here are the changes I would suggest. Follow them for one week and let me know if there is a change in weight.

From your diet it seems that you use postrim for your breakfast and dinner.

For weight loss atleast 45 minutes of cardio exercise is needed. So, do treadmill/cycling/racing bike for 45 minutes, followed with weight lifting. Weight lifting is not considered as a cardio exercise.

You should have your breakfast within half an hour of your exercise. Have 2 wheat breads stuffed with sabji, salad. Don't exceed the number of bread, if you want you can stuff lot of veggies and salad in your sandwich to make you feel full.
    Good enough. If you feel hungry, you have have a glass of thin butter milk.

Stick to this lunch. Try making multigrain roti, they are better for weight loss as they are complex carbs.

Have a glass of thin butter milk with a bowl of salad.
    Breads are for breakfast and that when you are supposed to have them. So no bread in evening. If you are hungry at this time then have half sachet of postrim OR fruits OR a small katori of roasted puffed rice with your tea or coffe.

Dinner should be 1 thin roti with a bowl of lentil soup and salads.

I would suggest to stop postrim for sometime OR use postrim as a snack. So in evening instead of having 3 breads have postrim. Make sure that the calories in postrim do not exceed 200 calories at snack time.

Follow the above routine and let me know changes to the weight.

losing 4 kgs a month is possible but you have to be strict with your diet. So stick to less oil food. You should not feel hungry at anytime while following the diet.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Love

2. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

update on nov 2:

breakfast: instant strawberry oats with milk
    lunch: oatmeal,buttermilk,raddish curry, 1 chapati,sonpapdi- 3 slices;
    snack: tea,nuts,raisins
    dinner:soup,1 fist noodles,apple sauce 1 bowl;

water- 7 gls;
    1 hr jazzercise workout;

1 person likes this.
  3. vasuki85

vasuki85 New IL'ite

Thanks shiva, will follow this and get back to u soon with good results

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
  4. shivachoubey

Dear Sridevi1977,

If you like noodles then check out sherataki noodles, they are made from fiber and not starch. They are less in calories. Soba noodles are made of buckwheat, so you can try them too.

regards

5. sridevi1977

Thanks Shiva for the suggestion ....Let me find out where those noodles are available. If so, I can replace for all my family members. My husband and me both stick to whole grain diet for the past 3 yrs,since he got very high triglycerides.I cook all regular food, but replace white rice by wheat crakers or brown rice .kids eat white rice,my daughter cant tolerate this,but my son will eat them occasionaly. But you wont believe, my hubby looks very slim,normal weight, but rarely exercise. I am concerned for his health. I usually encourage him to do atleast minimal exercise for his condition.Doctors told that cardio exercise is the ultimate medicine for him. We are told to stop medication after sticking to whole food diet these years.He rarely find time to do exercise and get very tired soon. Even for small shopping, he will be exhausted. I am the all around energetic person in the family running behind all of them, I want them to gain energy throughout the day. am doing all sort of exercise regularly, but wont stick to the diet all the times, indulge in some kind of junk now and then, which leads to my overweight.
    As you can see, I am taking some sort of sweet daily as a continuation of Diwali...will try to replace that with some fruits. Snce I am a vegan, I have the protein choices very less.lentils,dals,legumes,milk products ...
    sometimes tofu and soy granules... but not regularly.
    If you know any protein substitute for the lasting energy, that I can mix with any regular food,pls suggest. can I take protein shakes? I feel these must be too heavy. I am looking for something which is light and provide enough energy when I feel down in energy level. mid morning and before dinner are the dangerous time for me. These are the times i indulge in junk...my aim is to come to normal weight. my son ( 8 yr old) now itself fall into overweight category. but he looks little chubby,does not seem to be over fat. but I insist him to do some fun activities that he enjoy like swimming,karate. we both are work out buddies at our home. we both share our routines in separate notebooks and talk about that. We both will feel so good if we reach our normal weight that we can stand by with my husband and my daughter ( underweight- 4 yr old) !!!Just felt like sharing this to you... Thanks for the responses Shiva. I am so proud for your efforts..all the best.

6. shivachoubey

Dear Sridevi,

Lots of hugs to you. Its always good to share because we never know who else is in the same situation as us and who else can benefit from our experience. Good work for your efforts to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

If your husband agrees then you can invest in a mini bike, which he can pedal while watching TV.

Fruits or a piece of jaggery is a good sweet option.

Protein shakes never suited my system so I cannot comment on it BUT what really helped me was the vitamin supplements like revital. With crazy work schedule and workout I had very less energy left at the end of the day and used to have body pains but once I started these supplements I no longer have less energy issues nor do I have body pain.

Good you know the time, now all you have to do is being prepared. Have something wholesome to avoid the urge of having junk.

I am proud of your efforts too sridevi. Believe me, very few people take efforts to change their lifestyle and you my girl are trying hard. Keep it up and don't give up. Persistence is the key to weight loss. Today or tomorrow the weight has to go down, there is no other way. Fighter is not someone who wins, fighter is someone who stands up and refuse to give up, when others just keep sitting.

Lots of love to you.

regards

7. sridevi1977

Dear Shiva,

today's update:

breakfast: cereal,milk,browm chole
    lunch: oatmeal,buttermilk,beans curry,soup
    snack1: apple,watermelon
    snack2: tea,nuts
    dinner: oatmeal,buttermilk,beans curry
    Strawberry flavored yogurt for dessert..

Hurray....crossed one full day with no special sweets!!!
    I did not crave it after I ate flavored yogurt.
    your option of jaagery applied me many times before, but I keep forgetting to stick to it when I badly need sweets..thanks for reminding .

I got a thought that I should update my gud progress and I dont want to see me writing that I am guilty for eating unwanted for my body right now.

1 person likes this.
  8. sridevi1977

oops!! forgot to write about the work out part.

water- 7 gls;
    1 hr jazzercise workout.

1 person likes this.
  9. sridevi1977

update for nov 4:

brkfast:eek:ats,milk,banana
    snack: nuts,jaggery,sundal
    lunch: oats,buttermilk,strawberry
    snack:1 breadslice,tea,1/4 cup belpuri;
    dinner: apple,curd rice- 3 spoons
    tea

yoga- 30 min;treadmill-45 min;
    water-8 gls;

nov 5 :

breakfast: milk,nesquick
    oatmeal,buttermilk,channa

lunch: 4 rava idly with veg,sambar,buttermilk

snack: peanuts,raisins;
    tea;

dinner: 1 rava idly,sambar,buttermilk;
    apple;

jazzercise - 1 hr;
    water- 8 gls;

nov 6 :

morning:milk,horlicks;
    1 idly with podi and buttermilk;
    channa ;

1 piece cake(birthday cake of my friend)

lunch: 1 paratha,spinach dal, curd rice;( went out for lunch on a birth day party)

tea

soup,apple;

1 hr jazz workout;
    8 gls water;

10. p4peacock

p4peacock Gold IL'ite

Hi Shiva ,

how r u ? hope u enjoyed ur diwali.I came back to my home after Diwali trip.So 'll start the project again and 'll daily update u about my workout and diet.

Thanking you for the support,

With Love,
    Peacock