1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Hi Neha,

Great news about your weight loss. Try having half ladoo initially and then train yourself with complete NO. Usually with sweets it is if you have one bite then you will have the whole piece. So best is decide a day probably weekend and have one ladoo and enjoy guilt free.

If you have an urge to eat sweets here are few substitutes.

1. Custard with lots of fruits and sweetener. Have only a small bowl.

2. A piece of jaggery.

3. Dried apricots (khumani) or kishmish.

Every day try resisting yourself. Take it one day at a time. Sweets are still there and you can have them whenever you want. So tell yourself this and then also tell yourself that you are training yourself to resist sweets. Train yourself one day at a time.

If you say a complete NO forever then its a mistake, your urge will increase. That is why tell yourself its not forever, its just a training period to come out of sweet addiction.

Here are the steps for you.

1. Being satisfied with sweets with a bite or half quantity. Once you have mastered this.

2. Train yourself to a complete NO and restrict your sweet intake to 1-2 times a week. This is only till your weight loss, once you have reduced sufficient amount of weight you yourself will be disciplined enough to enjoy sweets in limited amount.

Visualize yourself in pretty small dresses and don't let sweets ruin it for you. They are no worth it.

You are doing great, imagine 1 kgs in a week, so in a month you can loose more. SO fight it like a warrior and win.

1 person likes this.
  2. neha_garg11

neha_garg11 New IL'ite

Thanks. After reading ur answer:idea i have taken out my old jeans and beautiful suit that used to fit me when i was 67Kg . I have kept it in hanger in my Almira. Whenever i will open the Almira and see the dresses i will try to become more strong in will power and will increase my resistance towards sweets and junk food.:)

3. shivachoubey

Great Neha, Remember, No sweets and no junk food is worth more than fitting in your old jeans and suits.

4. leens

leens New IL'ite

hi

i saw ur reply to weight loss success story. I also got a fatty body. I wanted to loose my weight. I am in Abudhabi right now and I dont have much work to do to get some sort of exercise..I cant go to gym as well. Can u suggest me some tips in order to loose my weight. My weight is 72kgs and my hgt is 154cm. I am 30 years old and mother of 3and half year old girl child. Basically i am from kerala and our diet include rice and cocnut in large quantity. Also i like sweets. i know these are the results for my gaining weight. But i would like to reduce its consumption. can u guide me to make me a good looking person.

hope to get a positive reply
    leens

5. shivachoubey

Dear Leens,

Welcome to the thread. The very first thing that you need to do is stand in front of the mirror and accept that you are a Good Looking person. Looks comes from our attitude and the way we carry ourselves, they do not come from weighing less. Admire yourself in the mirror, you are beautiful, weight loss will just add to your beauty. Its very necessary to admire and appreciate ourselves. When we can admire others then why can't we admire ourselves.

World is a reflection of your thoughts. If you think you don't look good then people around you will think the same. If you think you look good people around you will think the same. Try it out and see the difference.

Here are the point for you to start Weight loss.

1. Start with this blog post. I have already listed the starting steps in this post. Remember its a project. Once you start it then make sure you finish it also.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/b...ght-loss-project-week-page9.html#comment31251

The blog also have tips regarding mastering your temptations and shrinking your stomach, check them out.

2. Gym is not important. Can you walk in the near by area or can you walk at home. If you can walk outside for example terrace, park etc then great else walk from one room to another in your house. Start from 30 minutes.

3. Even I eat rice, check it out here to see how I include it in my meals.

Food that I Eat - IndusLadies

How much rice do you cook???? DO you apply the rule of fist??? Check it out here. Lots of readers have benefited with this kind of cooking.

Mighty Rule of Fist - IndusLadies

4. For yourself, can you boil rice 3 times and drain. This will reduce the starch content of the rice. Make sure you have it with lots of veggies and daal. The way to cook it is, boil rice in lots of water once and drain, then again boil rice and drain, repeat till the rice is well cooked. This kind of rice is not suitable for kids, as starch and nutrients are drained out. But it is a great source of fiber and people who are on diet can enjoy it this way.

5. Start by reducing the quantity slightly, be it sweets or rice or coconut and gradually train yourself to eat little of the fattening stuff and be happy.

If there is a desire in your heart to loose weight then believe me nothing will stop you from achieving it. We all have a winner hidden inside us, all we have to do is search the winner and wake her up inside us.

So you see you already are on the right track by wanting to loose weight. All you have to do is start by taking baby steps towards your goal and in no time you will see yourself proudly achieving it.

Believe in yourself, you can do it. I am ready to help you. You give me your 100% and I will give you my 100% support. If you have any doubts feel free to ask me.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
    2 people like this.
  6. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shiva,

Im back with updates. Yesterday i made cabbage soup but did not like the taste at all. Maybe, i shouldnt have blended it. Instead of soup, what can be had for dinner? Im having lots of raw veggies throughout the day and also water. Actually which is the best time to have fruit?

Earlier i used to have rice twice a day both for lunch and dinner. Now im trying to replace rots/wheat based food for dinner. This is making me feel light after dinner.

On the exercise part, i could do the elliptical on a high resistance than earlier and also could do more ab counts. I increased my rowing also.

I have an appointment with fitness trainer on saturday at my gym. Im planning to ask for a gym routine now.

Give me some options.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  7. shivachoubey

Dear PMan16,

Nice to hear from you. Cabbage soups sounds bad, boiled cabbage always tastes yucks. Why don't you give tomato-oats and vegetable soups a try. You might like them.

Water intake is great. I have read that best time to have fruits is early in morning on empty stomach as their nutrients are best absorb in acidic environment. I have fruits whenever I am hungry between meals.

If you just can't include soup, then stick to your normal diet in small portion. This should also do the trick. You are having raw veggies, are your motions normal then. Raw veggies are high in raw fiber and sometimes may cause stiff motion (potty). I usually munch on fruits in between my meals.

Talk to your trainer. If till now you have not yet tried circuit training go for it. It will help you burn fat fast. Also try the leg press machine, it does amazing things to your tummy and legs.

Keep me updated about your weight loss. I am very happy to see that things are working for you.

8. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

By raw veggies, i meant tomato (juice),cucumber and carrots as salad.Im having normal motion since im also taking lots of water.

Im trying to include atleast 1 cucumber and 4 glasses of thin buttermilk per day since it keeps my body heat at bay.Whenever i was on diet earlier, i experienced rise in body temp due to wheat. Now so far, im okay with having rice for lunch and roti/wheat based food at night.

I shall try the tomato-oats soup and let you know.

9. shivachoubey

Wow, cucumber, buttermilk and water sounds great to me. Pman you are doing great in terms of diet. Results will be soon visible. Good show girl.

10. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

I tried the tomato-oats soup for dinner today and it tasted heavenly.It was quick to make and i felt so light after having it.Now i will make use of the oats grits which was lying all these days.Thanks,buddy.

I shall try the pumpkin soup during the weekend.