1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. prss

prss Gold IL'ite

Dear Indian Guy,

Thanks a lot for replying. I can go ahead cooking with confidence now:thumbsup.

Yes, I am in the gulf, but I was only referring to my husband's (and mine too) native place which is the southern part of Tamil Nadu and since it is close to Kerala, they have the influence and so coconut usage:).

2. Meera34

Meera34 New IL'ite

Misha, Good luck gal! Go rock that interview and kick some serious you-know-what- :-D in there!

:thumbsup

3. mrs

mrs Bronze IL'ite

Dear Misha,

All the best for the interview dear!

Love,
    Mrs

4. aashimom

aashimom Senior IL'ite

Dear Misha

Wish you a best of luck for ur interview... Chakk de phatte :thumbsup

Thanks for ur wishes...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  5. mrs

mrs Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jazz,
    Please dont think that your age is a hindrance for you to lose weight. My mother is in her late 50's (attained menopause as well) and when she came to visit me last yr she used to go for walking regularly and she lost considerable amount of weight.She was so determined that even in the extremes of climate she used to go for walk. ( I wish I had half the determination that she had) .She never missed her walk even for a single day. If at all we came back late after a long trip,she used to add those missed hours of walk the next day. Once she went to visit her brother in late december and it was snowing at his place. Luckily for her they had a treadmill and she used to walk on that. I am so proud of her . And when she went back to India,she made her colleagues jaw drop to the floor seeing her.

I try to incorporate atleast 45min of cardio in my daily routine. No junk food whatsoever. I am pretty much following whatever shiva says. I always try to keep some kind of soup or salad in the fridge. Almost everyday I make either sambhar or veg kootu bcoz for those two items irrespective of the amount you make you need only little bit of oil for tempering. I am also having PCOD and my DD is almost 2 yrs . So dear dont lose hope .

Love ,
    Mrs

6. aashimom

aashimom Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I m very happy to give my weight update today :)

Date - 12 October 2010

Last Week Weight - 68

Current Weight – 66.5 (I couldn't believe in first try when I saw these numbers on weighing machine :shock: so asked to my hubby to check the weighing scale and then once again I weighed myself.... :wow again the same readings I couldn't control and hugged my hubby so tightly in excitement and happiness :banana)

What I did to achieve this weight – I was on total diet control and walked for 45 mins to 1 hour daily for whole week (except last two days bcoz of dog bite) with a very good speed… In the same manner which Shiva had mentioned somewhere in this thread…walking but at ur top speed with your hands moving to and fro :)

Next week target – 65.5

Next Weighing Date - 19 October 2010

Shiva darling if u were here then I surely would have given you tight hug but nevertheless lots of kisses and wishes to u my inspiration :kissI just want to thanks to all my friends over here because only u and the positive vibes of this thread made me believe that I can lose weight…. Best of luck to all of us to achieve our target weight :thumbsup

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  7. aashimom

aashimom Senior IL'ite

Just after submitting my last post I realized I have become Junior ILite :)

Hurray :cheers
    Its Party Time:partyI'll celebrate my double happiness with fruit chat... YUMMY

8. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shiva,
    It's status update time again ...
    Last Week- 62.6
    Today's Weight -62
    Next Week Target - 61.5kg
    Next Weighing Date - 19th Oct
    Reason for weight loss .. VIRAL FEVER .. :thumbsdown Definitely not a good way to reduce weight :notthatway: Now I am back to office but still feeling weak so not sure when can I restart my exercise+diet regime!

C ya...

9. hasna78

hasna78 New IL'ite

Status update - Current weight 62.9 kg. Last weeks weight - 63.7 kg...
    Yay...

10. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Senior IL'ite

Hi shiva and friends...

Congrat vannu...hope when i weigh myself i also see some different figure on scale...

Today i couldnt weigh myself was getting late for office.

More or less diet and exercise both in place

Going for 3 weeks to home town. wont be able to access net.

So wont be able to write update. But i m committed to reduce weight so will take care of diet and exercise.

In vacation hopefully i will be able to exercise better.

MY NEXT WEIGHING DAY WILL BE 2nd NOVEMBER And WANT TO BE IN BETWEEN 65-66.

Wish me luck