1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanvy,

I am so happy to hear from. As we near our target weight the motivation level dips. It is happening to me too. I just push myself, there is nothing much you can do about it.

You have already got wonderful answers from others regarding your wheeze.

Just take it slow shanvy and soon you will reach your target.

In the end the slow and steady wins the race :)

Lots of love to you my girl.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

2. shivachoubey

Dear Sadhana,

Thanks for your appreciation and kind words.

Yes you can have cornflakes for breakfast. The ideal portion size of cornflakes is 30 gms :)

When we begin weight loss we start by reducing a little quantity of what we eat and substituting it with less calorie versions. So if you have 4 idlies for dinner go for 3 the first week and then for two idlies. Make your meal full with lots of daal/sambhar/soups and salads.

I did join a gym in between, it was during the rains when I was not able to walk. My major weight loss happened when I was making a shift from UAE to muscat and was in transition living with family in India. Going to gym on regular basis was not possible. People would adjust for a month but I could not have asked for more. So I went to gym when I had an opportunity and walked when I had no access to it.

SO in my 12 months of walking and I had gone to gym for 2 months. Those 2 months were not regular they were just in between and because of transportation problems I was not that regular with the gym.

Once I was in Muscat I joined a gym and that is what I do now.

I contribute 100% of my weight loss to walking. We under estimate walking. I used to walk with lot of force and after 1 hour my whole t-shirt used to be covered with sweat and my legs used to ache. I used to walk as fast as running (its walking but at the top speed with your hands moving to and fro)

Have a great day ahead.

regards

3. shivachoubey

Dear Smartgrl,

You body spend calories to maintain the weight. For example if you are 80 kgs, the body spends calories is maintaining and moving that 80 kgs. Now if you wear ankle weights you are increasing the body weight and the body will start spending more calories. Its not much of workout but it does work.

Ankle weight are known to cause ankle injury but I have used them during my walks. I used to cover my ankles with 2- 3 socks and then wear ankle weight.

Wearing the ankle weight in home is a fantastic idea just make sure to take precautions so that you do not injure yourself.

Ankle weights do not cause back pain or stiff muscles but they will cause leans legs :). I saw a major change in my legs after using them. I would not suggest you use them during walking (if you plan to do so please take good care) but wearing them in the house seems good to me.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

4. shivachoubey

Dear Ridha,

I understand. We start with great enthusiasm and then slowly we get caught up in the same everyday life. Morning we have to get up see to the kids and the husband and then there is never ending housework. By the time it comes to exercise we are already tired. The life seems exact same everyday and soon we get tired wanting to be thin.

We eat to relax and good food gives us the escape and that enjoyment is our 'ME' time.

Why not look at it in a better way. Try addressing it as trying to instill healthy habits in your kids and your husband.

Don't keep high cal food in the house. Kids can be trained to eat healthy, they will really thank you Ridha when they grow up. Keep high calorie eating for special occasions. Kids are very smart, they get adapted to new situations pretty soon. As long as the high calorie stuff is in your house, the healthy family concept is not being implemented.

If weight loss does not motivate you then take this approach. Just concentrate on eating healthy. You can pop fruits when you are not hungry.

Please address the feeling low and lazy issue. Check your thyroid level.

Lots of love to you babes, hang in there. Its gonna work for sure but how will it work if you feel low about it.

You have to do it for your own health too.

If you won't finish it Ridha, then its gonna be left unfinished for whole of your life. So just lose weight once and for all and finish it off.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

5. shivachoubey

Dear Smartgrl,

Same here. I feel so sad if this thread stops moving. I am also addicted to it.

regards

6. shivachoubey

Dear Anshul,

Good show for joining the gym. You are doing great in terms of cardio. Don't go for whey protein as of now. If you are doing intense workouts then whey protein is a great idea but not now.

If you are a beginner then sticking to cardio is a great idea. Let me know the machines you have in the gym.

We all follow different schools of thoughts. I am someone who advocates lot of cardio which then can be accompanied with light weight exercises. one reason for doing this is because I like to look leans rather than toned.

So concentrate on cardio for a month and get in some weight loss and when you will hit the plateau then start with weight training.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

7. shivachoubey

Dear Ridha,

Yessssssss I did tel him that he should cooperate with you as you were complaining that he is no longer interested in weight loss. I am glad he is back on track.

Lots of love.

8. shivachoubey

Dear Vannu

This is so wonderful. Good work honey. Keep it up.

You rock.

Have a great day ahead.

regards

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  9. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Shiva,

Very usefull info abt ankle weights.Will wear a socks and were it at home.Anyway its winter and we have our socks on and home so its easy to strap those weights.Mine are not heavy weights is 1.5 lbs each ankle.
    and in the lond run,once i reach 79 kgs i am planning to wear those ankle weights and walk.is this ok??

Ankle weights do not cause back pain or stiff muscles but they will cause leans legs :). I saw a major change in my legs after using them. I would not suggest you use them during walking (if you plan to do so please take good care) but wearing them in the house seems good to me

10. priya666

priya666 Silver IL'ite

First of all I would like to thank shanvy, contended, ridha, savvyheal and shiva for all your wishes!!!! It means a lot to me.

Second of all, Shiva - the harmonal injections are supposed to cause weight gain and water retention as few of the side effects.

How do I counter these? Please give me suggestions and ideas.

Regards to all
    Priya