1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

A weight loss success story

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shivachoubey, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shivachoubey

shivachoubey IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Search for some tummy exercises on net. Make sure to follow the procedure properly so that you don't hurt your back. Try out the massages at home. If you can jog then do take up running it will burn extra fat.

All the best.

2. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Hi

I am a vegetarian, 27 year old. 5" weighing 64 kg.

I dont have any gym accessibility near my place. have to go a little far, so not possible. right now i cannot afford for a treadmill so have to do other exercises. Can you suggest me few exercises and a perfect diet plan, please.

I really want to reduce 18 KGS. Right now i am in a very bad shape.

3. shivachoubey

Dear Shreya,

To lose weight gym is not necessary. I follow the simple rule. I always start by decreasing my intake and including salads and soups for meal and I walk. It helps to reduce weight.

Please do weigh yourself every week and see that you are not eating junk or fried food. If you follow these simple rules your weight will start going down.

If you need further help, then post your daily diet here and I will suggest changes.

All the best.

4. shreyashreyas

Thank you shiva for coming for my help...

Morning : I get up around 6
    Have a coffee around 6:30

finish my moring work like sweeping outside, putting rangoli, cooking for husband and kids, sending them to school.

around 9:30 - will have breakfast - usually its idly (4 nos.) or dosa (3Nos.) or some rice varieties (like lemon rice, tomato rice or ... 1 cup)

again start with cleaning, sweeping, washing clothes, cleaning kitchen,

around mid day i will have a glass of buttermilk or some fruit preferrable one orange

around 2:30 or 3 - i have my lunch - rice with sambar, rasam and curry, curd. (tpypical south indian meal)

around 4 - one cup of coffee

around 9 or 10 - dinner its again a south indian meal ie., rice.

before going to bed i have a glass of milk.

apart from this sometimes at weekends we go out and have dinner out or get some pizza (its always in the evenings).

My daily routine doesnot include any exercises because of which i am not losing any weight.

5. shivachoubey

Dear Sandhya,

What your routine and diet tell me is that you are a hard worker but you have a constant diet. If you eat the same thing and do the same work the weight will not move. SO start by making small changes. Before starting, take your weight in morning after going to the loo after a week do the same thing. Make sure either not to wear anything while weighing yourself or to wear light clothes. If possible please maintain a food dairy.

Diet - Your diet is majorly carbohydrates.

Here are my suggestions :

BF - Stick to your breakfast.

Mid -day - Stick to what you are having

Lunch - Reduce the intake of rice here, if you have 4 serving spoons of rice have 2. Have more sambhar and curd. Start having salads along with your meal. This will make you feel more satisfied.

Evening - Coffee is fine.

Dinner - Same as lunch. Start by reducing the quantity and introducing salads.

Eating out- If its once a week, then only eat 1 piece of pizza. It would be great if you can give it up. Never ever team the pizza with a cold drink. Eat your dinner before going to eat out, you won't be tempted.

Start by walking 30 minutes. Walking can do wonders for weight loss. You can walk on terrace or on roads. Wear a watch so you know the time.

Weigh yourself next week in morning before the pizza date and let me know the weight. You have to keep changing your meal plan to achieve weight loss.

Right now with a little shift of food intake and 30 minutes of walk will do the trick. Let me know if this sounds fine to you.

Please feel free to come here and ask any doubts or share any problems faced. I will do my very best to help you.

All the best. You can surely lose weight. If the desire is in your heart then it will surely take form in reality. What we need first is the desire in the heart.

6. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi shiva,

How have you been doing?Sorry for disappearing from this thread. So much was going on that i couldnt find time to post here. First the kids, then me and then dh all were sick in a row. Had been busy with getting everyone to normal.

Sickness has again pushed me off the track. Im finding it hard to get back to normal.I have started with gym this week. Im attending a new class body pump today.My inlaws are visiting us in a couple of weeks. I dont know how far i shall be able to stick to my dieting then. I want to stick to normal food even though my house work would be more.

I shall be regular from now.

7. shreyashreyas

hi shiva,

My son was not well so could not login yesterday...

Will start the changes from 2moro. Will surely note my weight and keep posting the diet chart of everyday and changes also.

I have the desire and will certainly try to lose the extra weight.

8. shivachoubey

Dear Pman16,

I am also still down. The viral has real taken a toll on me and exercising seem a huge task now a days. But the best part of sickness is that you don't put on weight no matter what you eat as your body is weak. SO be happy for that. Start slowly because as you have not exercised for sometime the weight will drop.

Get well soon and I missed you in this thread. Welcome back with lots of hugs.

9. shivachoubey

Dear Shreya,

I am impressed with your dedication. You are welcome here anytime. I will do my best to help you out. This time you will surely get back in shape.

Have a great day ahead.

10. shreyashreyas

Hi Shiva,

I started my diet today but couldnot start exercises as i am on medication for leg and hand pain. Will start exercises within a week. Just going as you said. Last few days i was not well so my weight is reduced by one kg. so when i started my weight today is 63KG. I will again check after a week (next monday). I hope i can start my exercises by next week.

Started my day with coffee
    Morning breakfast had 3 dosa without oil with sambar
    11- had buttermilk
    1-30 - lunch with rice and sambar and curd
    4-30 - one cup coffee and two marie buscuits
    8- am going to have dinner rice

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010