1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A very Peculiar and Worrying Situation

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jibberish135, Oct 3, 2014.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

One more possibility that crossed my mind -

1. She never wanted to get married and was pushed into doing so.

OR

2. Any possibility that there was someone else in the background and she has not let it come out to anyone else? Could this explain her reluctance for her parents' joining in the counselling sessions?

2 people like this.
  2. ashu0

ashu0 New IL'ite

Dear fellow reader,

Kudos for such a detailed and long post. First things first, your wife is wrong most of the times. There is no reason to make fuss out of everything, looks like her mindset is little different than most of the women...

I would suggest you talk your heart out. You anyway decided to stay with her through out your life and there are many more major things that you should be prepared for..Kids etc...

Before you gear uup for major milestones talk things out...sort them....Her mind set is lot different which you should have guessed before your wedding but that's water under the Bridge...Let it go...Talk to her...be a man and voice out your opinion. You cannot keep suppressing your feelings and then vent out your frustration on some one else or on your wife someday...Do not try to complicate things..

Good luck!!

3. HopefulNisha

HopefulNisha Silver IL'ite

I did not go through all the posts..but as a reply to the first post, there is even a titan advertisement where hubby brings home a costly watch and surprises her wife..she feels happy till she realises he bought same watch for everyone in family as it was on offer..So its a psychology of all (most) wives to feel bad to have gifted samething to everyone...Just take it in that sense....

2 people like this.
  4. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

She is immature but you wont get the cookies either. Cant get why you ccomplain to pay for her... why does it bug you so much!

1 person likes this.
  5. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Heron, you should have read all his posts to understand this.

While he is constantly calling his wife 'immature' and 'childish' he too does not come across as a very sensible or good human being either.

He has refused to pay for her sanitary napkins, citing the reason that it is her 'personal expense'! I was dumbfounded when I read this!

I think OP does not realise why his wife even gets her periods every month.
    One day she is going to bear his child.......................So will she be asked to pay for all her pregnancy and delivery expenses? Considering the fact that it is happening to her body does it too fall under a 'personal expense' of hers?

I hope OP's wife decides to end this 'marriage' and looks for a man who understands what marriage is.

6. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

thegirlygirl... is it? Amazingly disgusting

7. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Marriage is not about the other one paying for everything and the other getting a free ride.

8. thegirlygirl

This about a hindu marriage of which you have no clue. I suggest you don't strain yourself and give your invaluable advice.

9. thegirlygirl

Doesn't it seem obvious? Otherwise why would he be talking about 'personal expenses', and worse even count her monthly purchase of sanitary napkins as one?

If you read through the entire thread you will realise that

1) Her parents bore the cost of the entire wedding................although his parents did host a reception at their hometown.

2) She quit her job in her hometown to shift to his hometown after marriage.

3) She again quit her job, and again shifted to accopany him to the new city where he got posted.

4) She lived with him in his house, with his family for one year until he changed jobs.

5) She has been managing cooking and household chores mostly on her own with minor help from OP.

In return of all this, OP is hesitating to even buy her sanitary napkins and pay for her eyebrows!

God bless OP's wife!

10. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

It is about marriage and financial responsibilities have nothing to do with religion. I understood from OP:s post that his wife was working and still expecting the husband to pay for all costs. In a marriage both spouses have to carry the financial responsibilities.