1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Very Irritating Habit Of My Baby

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Sweety2016, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

OP- Is your daughter is still upto pinching you ? Anyways,Dont give in to their crying .Today its pinching,tomorroe she will learn something new. The thing is keep reinforcing the behavior you desire. My daughter got into the habit of sleeping with her head on my arm and if i tried to move her,she used to cry ugly in her sleep.But I was waking up every day with a sore arm. So I introduced a pillow and keep putting her head their even if she cries. Its working slowly.Earlier,she used to pinch my breast while nursing. The babies have to be told gently but firmly. I know its difficult. But keep up at it. Also,I second the suggestion of giving her a bath after snacks.It will relax and tire her out.

sindmani likes this.
  2. toddler20177

toddler20177 New IL'ite

Hi Sweety,

Best would be to keep her engaged and busy where she uses her fingers more like kids safe putty etc

Thanks

3. LisnaFernandez

LisnaFernandez Junior IL'ite

You have to try something which is different from what you did till now for changing the mood of kid while angry. i hold up my 1 year old boy like parallel to the ground as how the 'superman' flies :D . He just switch the mood from sad to happy as a sudden..